• MattDitch changed the title to Threlkeld Quarry 2018 steam gala
  • 2 weeks later...

It's going to be a while till I can get out and safely start taking photos & videos again. But my plan is to start posting stuff from my archive a few times a week. Hopefully it'll help take people's minds off how negative things may be at the moment. I'm currently writing some new blog posts over on my new blog. And, I'm still transferring some of my older articles over. One that was just moved over and given a bit of an update was my article on the South Tynedale Railway. And lastly on the subject of my blog I hope to have a new modelling post out this coming Monday.

Now onto some photography! 

Tanfields Railways 2017 "Legends of Industry" gala.

featuring visiting locomotives, Hawthorn Leslie 3931/1938 ‘Linda’ and Robert Stephenson and Hawthorns 7673/1950 “Ugly”

DSC_0015.jpg?format=2500w

DSC_0037.jpg?format=2500w

• Like 2

• MattDitch changed the title to Tanfields Railways 2017 "Legends of Industry" gala.
  • 3 weeks later...

For this weeks "Throwback Thursday" I thought we'd take a look back to the Bowes Railway in 2017. The 2nd of April marked the last operating day for orignal Bowes locomotive, Andrew Barclay 0-4-ST No.22. Along with W.S.T both engines need overhauls before they can run again. The event also marked the first public display of Ruston 165s “Pink” & “Perky” from the Port Of Sunderland. Link to full gallery

DSC_0073.JPG?format=2500w

DSC_0010.JPG?format=2500w

DSC_0056.JPG?format=2500w

• Like 2

• MattDitch changed the title to Bowes Railway. April 2017

I'm doing a photography "Advent Calendar" over on my social media pages. It'll just be me posting a random railway related picture each day. I figured people here may also be interested in these posts. So, here's day 1...

Advent Calendar Day 1.

CSC_0455.JPG?format=2500w

Hawthorn Leslie "No.2" passes a wintery Terrace Junction with a short goods train bound for Sunniside.

Full gallery

• Like 1

• MattDitch changed the title to Matt Ditch Photography: Photo Advent Calendar Day 1
  • MattDitch changed the title to Matt Ditch Photography: Photo Advent Calendar Day 2
  • MattDitch changed the title to Matt Ditch Photography: Photo Advent Calendar Day 3
  • MattDitch changed the title to Matt Ditch Photography: Photo Advent Calendar Day 4
  • MattDitch changed the title to Matt Ditch Photography: Photo Advent Calendar Day 5
  • MattDitch changed the title to Matt Ditch Photography: Photo Advent Calendar Day 6

Advent Calendar day 7

Something a bit different today. here's an article I wrote on the North Sunderland Railway. Click the image below to read the full thing.

seahousestation.jpg

A special thanks goes to Armstrong Railway Photographic Trust for allowing me to use several of there images. Please respect their copyright and do not use any of their images without permission.

• Like 3

• MattDitch changed the title to Matt Ditch Photography: Photo Advent Calendar Day 7

Advent Calendar day 8

Last night I learned of some controversial plans to alter the cab height on Thomas Green 0-6-2 "Barber". The engine was built in 1908 for the Harrogate Gas Works railway in Yorkshire. Due to the height of a tunnel on the railway "Barber" was built with a reduced height cab.

The below images show the engine during its 2015 re-launch event at it's current home, the South Tynedale Railway. Hopefully the engines historic appearance isn't to radically altered.

Barber+1.jpg?format=2500w

• Like 1

• MattDitch changed the title to Matt Ditch Photography: Photo Advent Calendar Day 8
  • MattDitch changed the title to Matt Ditch Photography: Photo Advent Calendar Day 9
  • MattDitch changed the title to Matt Ditch Photography: Photo Advent Calendar Day 10
  • MattDitch changed the title to Matt Ditch Photography: Photo Advent Calendar Day 11
  • MattDitch changed the title to Matt Ditch Photography: Photo Advent Calendar Day 12
  • MattDitch changed the title to Matt Ditch Photography: Photo Advent Calendar Day 14
  • MattDitch changed the title to Matt Ditch Photography: Photo Advent Calendar Day 15
  • MattDitch changed the title to Matt Ditch Photography: Photo Advent Calendar Day 16
  • MattDitch changed the title to Matt Ditch Photography: Photo Advent Calendar Day 17
  • MattDitch changed the title to Matt Ditch Photography: Photo Advent Calendar Day 18
  • MattDitch changed the title to Matt Ditch Photography: Photo Advent Calendar Day 19
  • MattDitch changed the title to Matt Ditch Photography: Photo Advent Calendar Day 20
  • MattDitch changed the title to Matt Ditch Photography: Photo Advent Calendar Day 21

Advent Calendar Day 22

It's been a little while since I've been able to make a video due to obvious reasons. But below is one recorded at the Tanfield Railway during the first day of the 2020 "North Pole Express" on 19/12/20.

Featured in the video are Hawthorn Leslie "Keighley Corporation Gas Dept. No. 2", Robert Stephenson & Hawthorn "Sir Cecil A Cochrane" and Santa! Along with a quick look at some of the stored engines in Marley Hill yard.