Exclusive Accurascale Class 37/6 37610 HNRC

Oliver Rails

37610banner.jpg.614d853fc39a3ba82036b507db263623.jpg

We are pleased to announce a new Accurascale Class 37/6 locomotive available exclusively from Rails of Sheffield.

Class 37610 HNRC (Harry Needle Railroad Company) in BR blue with wrap around yellow noses and grey roof.

Available to Order DCC Ready £169.99 and DCC Sound £259.99

View more information here

Expected Early 2021, Limited production run, Pre-Order Now!

Specific versions detail includes:

* 'Flush' former centre headcode nose with WIPAC light clusters
* Multiple-working socket on nose
* Cab windscreen-mounted top headlight
* Nose aerial
* 'Split' / 'single piece' style nose grilles at opposite corners
* Cutaway bufferbeam cowling with squared oval buffers
* Class 37/6 bufferbeam configuration with air/control pipes only
* Toughened windscreens, revised DRS control desk and centre cab partition
* Flush roof with plated boiler exhaust and no cab roof vent
* Cast (Class 50 style) bogies
* Underslung fuel tank with converted water to long range fuel tank
* RSH cantrail grilles
* Plated window one side
* Optional miniature snowploughs
* Single cab door kickplate

37610.jpg.05c5aa8bd8d1f22941c881be581f458e.jpg

37610-Rails-Nathan-Williamson-2000px.jpg.bd04ef852b2e1ec0bb8c67ab76111482.jpg

• Like 9
  • Round of applause 1

• RMweb Gold

You absolute swines!

I knew I’d driven it in the last year or so, had a night of it up and down the chilterns, looks like I’ll have to get an order in

5023E8F2-7E64-4D12-9F25-31C05A1F0B91.jpg

Had to do a swap with another driver that night off a 66 I bought into landor st, just happened to be the large logo one 

053ECD6A-7658-44A7-80D0-8B4059F4AB5B.jpg

904F21E9-55F1-4762-9617-6CABFF006B73.jpg

37610 and 37612 have a wiring anomaly in the jumper sockets and have to carry their own special jumper cable (as the other driver didn’t know at the time) the train was put together with a normal DRS multi jumper which meant that when he put it in forward direction in the DBSO the train went backwards, didn’t effect it from the loco but a quick jumper swap and it was ok!

37610 is also the only 37 I’ve ever managed to trip the loco overspeed, gave it the beans out of kidsgrove and it shut down in the tunnel, wouldn’t restart off the button in the cab but luckily got it to fire from the local start in the engine room

• Like 6
  • Informative/Useful 2

3 hours ago, big jim said:

37610 and 37612 have a wiring anomaly in the jumper sockets and have to carry their own special jumper cable (as the other driver didn’t know at the time) the train was put together with a normal DRS multi jumper which meant that when he put it in forward direction in the DBSO the train went backwards, didn’t effect it from the loco but a quick jumper swap and it was ok!

37610 is also the only 37 I’ve ever managed to trip the loco overspeed, gave it the beans out of kidsgrove and it shut down in the tunnel, wouldn’t restart off the button in the cab but luckily got it to fire from the local start in the engine room

Hey Accurascale do you think you can model that???...:jester:

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
On 08/05/2020 at 13:32, big jim said:

You absolute swines!

I knew I’d driven it in the last year or so, had a night of it up and down the chilterns, looks like I’ll have to get an order in

5023E8F2-7E64-4D12-9F25-31C05A1F0B91.jpg

Had to do a swap with another driver that night off a 66 I bought into landor st, just happened to be the large logo one 

053ECD6A-7658-44A7-80D0-8B4059F4AB5B.jpg

904F21E9-55F1-4762-9617-6CABFF006B73.jpg

On 08/05/2020 at 17:28, classy52 said:

reverse the pickup wires. 

I dunno everytime I look at a picture of this 37, I keep thinking someones doctored the image and deleted the headcode box.
As for the roof mount headlight between the horns, i’m not saying what that makes me think.

its all round an odd bod 37, even the livery, sounds like how it works is odd too.. was this a friday afternoon loco or built out of the contents of the leftovers box  ?

Edited by adb968008
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Premium

So you've done it again, but this time by teaming up with Rails. 

That's another Class 37 to add to my order list and another £170 spoken for. 

This loco is an excellent choice to produce because it's the only ex DRS, Wipac lighting 37 to wear BR Blue and it has small BR bodyside logos, unlike the previous and usual large BR bodyside logos. 

Fran please can you confirm that this is the final Class 37 to be announced for production in batch one?

I am really looking forward to these Class 37s arriving especially this one. 

Well done Accurascale and Rails for both an excellent selection and for producing this model as an exclusive. 

Thank you in advance. 

Kind Regards, 

Danny. 

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
On 08/05/2020 at 17:28, classy52 said:

At the moment they seem to model just about every single model I want to buy and it's costing me a fortune, but still I'm not complaining. I have been waiting for these models to be produced for years haha. 

Kind Regards, 

Danny. 

• Agree 2

2 minutes ago, DRS Crewe On A Mission said:

At the moment they seem to model just about every single model I want to buy and it's costing me a fortune, but still I'm not complaining. I have been waiting for these models to be produced for years haha. 

Kind Regards, 

Danny. 

Lol Accurascale are modeling my bankruptcy :jester:...5x Class 37's (all sound), 1x Class 55 (sound), 18x Castle Cement PCA's, DRS PFA Pack & KUA Pack and now contemplating the JSA Packs plus there are still 2 more 37's I want but where do I stop :crazy:

• Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
On 14/05/2020 at 15:59, classy52 said:

Lol Accurascale are modeling my bankruptcy :jester:...5x Class 37's (all sound), 1x Class 55 (sound), 18x Castle Cement PCA's, DRS PFA Pack & KUA Pack and now contemplating the JSA Packs plus there are still 2 more 37's I want but where do I stop :crazy:

I know exactly what you mean. I have an interest in most of those items except the 55s, PCAs and JSAs. Something that isn't on your list which I have an interest in is the TPE MK5s. Are you going to be buying a rake of those?

What's your thinking with regards 37s? Which other two do you want to buy? My current thinking of which ones to buy is: 37423, 37602, 37605, 37606, 37607, 37608, 37609 & 37610. 605 and 607 would be renumbers of 602 and 606 and not the original DRS blue liveried models. I have to say 37610 is going to look excellent, as are all of the other 37s for that matter. 

Kind Regards, 

Danny. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DRS Crewe On A Mission said:

TPE MK5s

I have a set on order. Whether I order the other set depends a bit on Hornby. I have both 68s on order but I really want a TPE 802 which I hope they will announce soon. Also considering second set of TPE vs second LNER 800! I don't have space really for 2 lots of anything at the moment but long term I will.

AS wise I am waiting on 2 37s (97301 & 37608), 6 JSAs (open), 1 rake of TPE Mk5s.

Up for debate are 37419, 37425, 2nd lot of Mk5s, KUAs, and either 92020 or 92032. And maybe a 55 although at the moment looking doubtful.

And I am disappointed I procrastinated on the DRS PFAs too. At the time they were readily available I didn't have 2 DRS 68s.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DRS Crewe On A Mission said:

I know exactly what you mean. I have an interest in most of those items except the 55s, PCAs and JSAs. Something that isn't on your list which I have an interest in is the TPE MK5s. Are you going to be buying a rake of those?

What's your thinking with regards 37s? Which other two do you want to buy? My current thinking of which ones to buy is: 37423, 37602, 37605, 37606, 37607, 37608, 37609 & 37610. 605 and 607 would be renumbers of 602 and 606 and not the original DRS blue liveried models. I have to say 37610 is going to look excellent, as are all of the other 37s for that matter. 

Kind Regards, 

Danny. 

I've got on order 37602, 37609, 37610, 37409 & 97301 but also want 37423 & 37419.

I got the Rails Exclusive Class 55 Alycidon because I intend to do a parallel heritage line when I eventually build my dream layout thus also pre-ordered my first ever Heljan Class 33 D6515 As Preserved so started collecting preserved & running diesels, thinking about the NRM Class 52 as well.

I got all the Castle Cement PCA's for a Hattons 66 but I've also got a good 12 rake of Dapol weathered ICA's for either a Accurascale Class 92 (not ordered yet) or another Hattons 66 as well as a plethora of Intermodal wagons, Network Rail coaches, IOA's, JNA's and all 3 MRA sets as well as the DRS PFA set & KUA's on order to go with my Accurascale Class 37's, Dapol Class 68's 68001 & 68034 or even my Colas Class 70 & both Colas Class 67's.

Now in regards to the Accurascale TPE sets I'm on the fence atm due to limits of my finances as I would literally purchase all the modern stuff from Accurascale if I had the chance but obviously can't and I would also need to get the Dapol Class 68 TPE as well and all my loco's are or will be sound fitted hence the cost factor to take into consideration.

Cheers

Steve

Edited by classy52
  • Like 1

58 minutes ago, TomScrut said:

I have a set on order. Whether I order the other set depends a bit on Hornby. I have both 68s on order but I really want a TPE 802 which I hope they will announce soon. Also considering second set of TPE vs second LNER 800! I don't have space really for 2 lots of anything at the moment but long term I will.

Yeah agree I would also love to have the Accurascale TPE sets with the Dapol Class 68 TPE's along with a Hornby Class 800 TPE, that would look pretty good on a layout with all the other stuff.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, classy52 said:

Hornby Class 800 TPE

:diablo_mini:

I pick my rolling stock on Yorkshire ECML so TPE, Northern and LNER are the three main players. I do have some Scotrail too as I like the livery.

Also hoping for a Northern 158 and for somebody to tool the 195

Edited by TomScrut
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, classy52 said:

12 rake of Dapol weathered ICA's for either a Accurascale Class 92 (not ordered yet) or another Hattons 66

I have 8 and a Hattons 66, although I am wanting a GBRF 92 for that really.

28 minutes ago, classy52 said:

Intermodal wagons, Network Rail coaches, IOA's, JNA's

Likewise! Although could do with another couple of IOAs and JNAs.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, TomScrut said:

I have 8 and a Hattons 66, although I am wanting a GBRF 92 for that really.

Both Accurascale Class 92 & Hattons 66 double headed :good:

Likewise! Although could do with another couple of IOAs and JNAs.

Yes me too, only have 10 IOA's & 5 JNA's but it may be enough?

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
4 hours ago, TomScrut said:

AS wise I am waiting on 2 37s (97301 & 37608), 6 JSAs (open), 1 rake of TPE Mk5s.

Up for debate are 37419, 37425, 2nd lot of Mk5s, KUAs, and either 92020 or 92032. And maybe a 55 although at the moment looking doubtful.

And I am disappointed I procrastinated on the DRS PFAs too. At the time they were readily available I didn't have 2 DRS 68s.

That's a nice variety of stock. 

I am debating 97301, as lovely as the model is and it's completely unique, I just don't know how often I would use it considering the loco in reality doesn't regularly see mainline use. In fact I believe it has only appeared on the mainline 2/3 times in the past two years since 2018. 

I have the Bachmann 37425 and a renumbered 405 to 419, both in Compass so I don't necessarily need the Accurascale pair, although obviously they would be really nice to have in their heritage liveries. But at the moment neither of them are on my wishlist, just because we can't afford everything can we. 

If you Ebay search "Accurascale PFA wagons" their is a set of DRS PFAs on for bidding or best offer. Maybe you could submit a best offer to avoid bidding?

Kind Regards, 

Danny. 

3 hours ago, classy52 said:

I've got on order 37602, 37609, 37610, 37409 & 97301 but also want 37423 & 37419.

I got the Rails Exclusive Class 55 Alycidon because I intend to do a parallel heritage line when I eventually build my dream layout thus also pre-ordered my first ever Heljan Class 33 D6515 As Preserved so started collecting preserved & running diesels, thinking about the NRM Class 52 as well.

I got all the Castle Cement PCA's for a Hattons 66 but I've also got a good 12 rake of Dapol weathered ICA's for either a Accurascale Class 92 (not ordered yet) or another Hattons 66 as well as a plethora of Intermodal wagons, Network Rail coaches, IOA's, JNA's and all 3 MRA sets as well as the DRS PFA set & KUA's on order to go with my Accurascale Class 37's, Dapol Class 68's 68001 & 68034 or even my Colas Class 70 & both Colas Class 67's.

Now in regards to the Accurascale TPE sets I'm on the fence atm due to limits of my finances as I would literally purchase all the modern stuff from Accurascale if I had the chance but obviously can't and I would also need to get the Dapol Class 68 TPE as well and all my loco's are or will be sound fitted hence the cost factor to take into consideration.

Cheers

Steve

If I was you I would definitely buy 37423 because it's the only 37 in the Basic livery and the only 37/4 with Wipac lighting, so it really is unique, a bit like 97301. 

As nice as these AS 55s will be I just don't have enough interest in 55s to warrant spending money on them. The Heljan 33s will be very nice, but I'm not buying any of these either, just because I don't have enough interest in them. 

You have pretty much all of the same wagons as me except the AS PCAs and MRAs. The DRS 68s are very nice aren't they and they are excellent value for money. 

I am thinking exactly the same with regards to TPE MK5s. I will definitely have one set but a second set will be a stretch for me too, just because of the money. At the moment for me and I'm sure it will be the case for you as well it's about thinking about what you want the most and leaving the items that you don't want as much. I decided to leave the Bachmann 37800 in favour of the AS 37608 instead. But in the long run it will be better to pay a bit more for a lot higher quality products and if I'm honest I have no interest in constantly spending money anymore and I would rather wait for specific items and appreciate them more. 

Kind Regards, 

Danny. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, DRS Crewe On A Mission said:

That's a nice variety of stock. 

I am debating 97301, as lovely as the model is and it's completely unique, I just don't know how often I would use it considering the loco in reality doesn't regularly see mainline use. In fact I believe it has only appeared on the mainline 2/3 times in the past two years since 2018. 

I have the Bachmann 37425 and a renumbered 405 to 419, both in Compass so I don't necessarily need the Accurascale pair, although obviously they would be really nice to have in their heritage liveries. But at the moment neither of them are on my wishlist, just because we can't afford everything can we. 

If you Ebay search "Accurascale PFA wagons" their is a set of DRS PFAs on for bidding or best offer. Maybe you could submit a best offer to avoid bidding?

Kind Regards, 

Danny. 

If I was you I would definitely buy 37423 because it's the only 37 in the Basic livery and the only 37/4 with Wipac lighting, so it really is unique, a bit like 97301. 

As nice as these AS 55s will be I just don't have enough interest in 55s to warrant spending money on them. The Heljan 33s will be very nice, but I'm not buying any of these either, just because I don't have enough interest in them. 

You have pretty much all of the same wagons as me except the AS PCAs and MRAs. The DRS 68s are very nice aren't they and they are excellent value for money. 

I am thinking exactly the same with regards to TPE MK5s. I will definitely have one set but a second set will be a stretch for me too, just because of the money. At the moment for me and I'm sure it will be the case for you as well it's about thinking about what you want the most and leaving the items that you don't want as much. I decided to leave the Bachmann 37800 in favour of the AS 37608 instead. But in the long run it will be better to pay a bit more for a lot higher quality products and if I'm honest I have no interest in constantly spending money anymore and I would rather wait for specific items and appreciate them more. 

Kind Regards, 

Danny. 

Yes the Accurascale DRS 37423 is calling out to me on a daily basis, bit like the Siren of Greek Mythology or is that just Fran's voice in my head from YouTube :banghead:

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, DRS Crewe On A Mission said:

Yes I am getting it just because I like it TBH!

23 minutes ago, DRS Crewe On A Mission said:

really nice to have in their heritage liveries

That's the appeal to me!

24 minutes ago, DRS Crewe On A Mission said:

Maybe you could submit a best offer to avoid bidding?

I did so last night, one just below RRP and then one at RRP, both rejected which is fair dos, they'll probably fetch more than that. I just don't want to pay more than RRP at the moment I'd rather be patient.

25 minutes ago, DRS Crewe On A Mission said:

I decided to leave the Bachmann 37800 in favour of the AS 37608 instead

Likewise! Doesn't seem like they have struggled to shift them though.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
5 hours ago, classy52 said:

Yes the Accurascale DRS 37423 is calling out to me on a daily basis, bit like the Siren of Greek Mythology or is that just Fran's voice in my head from YouTube :banghead:

It really is something special that one. I much prefer the Basic livery to the previous Revised livery that it used to wear. The thing I like about the real 423 is that it has mixed with the 37/4s because that's it's classification, but it has also mixed with the 37/6s, which it looks more like with the Wipac lights. Obviously all of the DRS have mixed on workings together but 423 is the only one to have such different features that make it more special. It's a bit like ex DRS now HNRC 610, in it's BR Blue small logo livery. Both the livery and features of it make it completely unique. 

97301 was a possible on my wishlist but after 423 and 610 have now been added to the range from the two most recent announcements, I have sacrificed one for two. 

4 hours ago, TomScrut said:

Yes I am getting it just because I like it TBH!

That's the appeal to me!

I did so last night, one just below RRP and then one at RRP, both rejected which is fair dos, they'll probably fetch more than that. I just don't want to pay more than RRP at the moment I'd rather be patient.

Likewise! Doesn't seem like they have struggled to shift them though.

That's a shame about the PFAs, but keep a look out because I am sure some will become available somewhere. 

As much as I like the rerto/heritage liveried 37s, I have always liked and thought that the various DRS corporate liveries have suited the 37s. I mainly like the Compass livery and the Basic livery as applied to 423, but I do like the Revised livery as per 609. 

It didn't surprise me really because the Europhoenix livery always seems to have been popular regardless as to what class of loco has worn it, so the fact that several 37s now do, I imagine have made them even more popular amongst modellers and collectors. 

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold
On 02/12/2020 at 12:29, classy52 said:

Its a shame Rails aren't also commissioning 37612 as I don't think I've ever seen 37610 & 37612 apart from each other and always on Network Rail duties together....hopefully we'll see 37612 in the future.

Ive seen 610, in surrey on NR trains, but not yet seen 612.

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, classy52 said:

Seen loads of YT videos with them running top and tail on Network Rail trains and the odd one with either of them on their own.

It was probably me filming them, I've been up all hours of the night this summer filming around Surrey.

No one else besides me and the traincrew would be on some of these spots after the witching hour... I was at an over-bridge outside Wimbledon at 130am last Sunday, as 4 engineers trains went section behind section in a 5 minute stream, got MSC 66709 as one of them... didnt see another living soul, but then I was kind of glad about that.

37610 spent a great deal of the summer around here.

I cant help thinking its a swansong though, the colas crews keep saying they are considering 66’s on the Test Trains, there was a trial run this summer on 1Q69 from South Croydon, Horsham and Carshalton to Derby one saturday, and recently the Colas 67 pair came down for a weekend visit.

Ive seen 37025/057/116/175/254/418/421/610 in the last 6 months, theuve covered all the local lines, Epsom Downs, Tattenham Corner, Uckfield, East Grinstead, Caterham, West Croydon, Morden, Tooting and Carshalton

if your close by 37610 is at Ferme Park currently, heading to Derby tonight.

Edited by adb968008
  • Like 2