The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Sign in to follow this  
spikey

Price comparison websites

Which do people find to be the most useful UK price-comparison website for general online shopping?

I very rarely use them to buy stuff with the single exception of hotel stays as I find that shopping around using a search engine such as google gives better results, and also many of the things I buy on line such as audio equipment, books and music aren't the stuff of comparison sites anyway. When renewing insurance, checking utilities and booking holidays I have often found better deals from the same insurers, airlines etc websites than comparison websites. What I do find useful are hotel websites for places I have never visited before as you get an overview of the options and some of those sites do get offers not published by the hotels themselves.  However I find the very hotel sites are pretty similar. 

For general shopping: Google. 

• Agree 1

Hmmmm ... interesting.  I thought it was perhaps just me who couldn't really see any advantage over Google.

Where I am I mostly go to Idealo, which I find very useful. There is also a UK version:

https://www.idealo.co.uk

I don't see how Google can give such a concise overview of so many dealers and their prices.

David

• Like 1