Junctions in streamline

• RMweb Gold
33 minutes ago, Spraymanandy said:

Hi

I'm  changing  from set track to streamline.  To create single/ double junctions  do you use y points or like set track you use right and left points to get the right spacing /geometry .

Thanks

Andy 

Streamline is designed in such a way that all the items have the same 12 degree angle and so you can mix and match to your heart's content.

You can download templates from the Peco web site to experiment with.

Edited by Joseph_Pestell
  • Like 1

Andy,

The templates can be downloaded from the Peco website and printed off at home.  Just check with a ruler that your prints have printed off 100% correct size  - the templates contain an image of a ruler that shows the sizing.

Harold.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

5 hours ago, Spraymanandy said:

Do you mean download  and print the templates  from peco ?

Thanks

Andy

Peco offers the templates as PDF files here https://peco-uk.com/collections/turn-out-crossing-plans

When you go to print them check the print dialog box, there should be an option to the effect of print at actual size or 100% (you may need to use Acrobat Reader - free - to do this - https://acrobat.adobe.com/us/en/acrobat/pdf-reader.html

• RMweb Premium

I have a double junction using 2 long wyes. But it would also work with regular points.

I think that the short wyes would need the short crossing, but I haven't tried it.

A left or right will form part of a double junction with a long crossing where one road is straight and the as will two [ Edit Short] y's with a short crossing where both roads diverge equally.  You have to hack chunks  off points and short crossing to  achieve a scissors at standard track spacing.

Edited by DavidCBroad
  • Like 1

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, DavidCBroad said:

A left or right will form part of a double junction with a long crossing where one road is straight and the as will two short y's with a short crossing where both roads diverge equally.  You have to hack chunks  off points and short crossing to  achieve a scissors at standard track spacing.

My addition in bold.

As noted above, the large y has the same angle as ordinary points and will form a double junction with a long crossing.

@Spraymanandy if you have a Windows computer, you can also download one of the track planning apps like Anyrail or Scarm.  Free versions usually allow you to place a limited number of track pieces, but more than enough to play with junctions and both the ones I mentioned include Peco Streamline track libraries.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, TonyMay said:

The crossings can also be bent a little bit by cutting the webbing if you want to achieve a curve throughout the junction, especially if that curve continues after the junction.

The bullhead range lends itself to this a lot more readily, which makes it great for something a little more interesting than straight junctions.

• Like 1