Hi WAG!

Just introducing myself. I live in the mid-Swansea Valley. Although I've only recently joined RMweb my railway modelling stretches back fifty years :O My interests include: 4mm narrow gauge (009) and 00 standard gauge in keeping with this part of Wales and the central Marches (GWR/MR/LNWR/LMS). I am a regular at the Swansea and Cardiff shows and have been known to go off piste to the Cadoxton exhibition! ;)

• Like 4

• RMweb Gold

Hi

I reside in Swansea after moving back down from Huddersfield where I'm originally from. as you have seen my posts on the Swansea Vale Railway I find that line really interesting but i only have models of BR diesels!!!!:huh:

• Like 1

On 12/05/2020 at 21:29, rka said:

Hi

I reside in Swansea after moving back down from Huddersfield where I'm originally from. as you have seen my posts on the Swansea Vale Railway I find that line really interesting but i only have models of BR diesels!!!!:huh:

Hi rka :)

Whilst walking the dog on the cycle path (formerly SVR alignment) near the Tareni Colliery site I chanced upon a filthy, well rusted permanent way 'key' in the River Tawe. I brought it home and have hidden it in the shed! ;)

Your BR diesels may suit the Upper Swansea Valley (Neath & Brecon section) as stone was shipped by rail from Penwyllt Quarry down to Neath until 1977. :)

• RMweb Gold
13 hours ago, Paul H Vigor said:

Hi rka :)

Whilst walking the dog on the cycle path (formerly SVR alignment) near the Tareni Colliery site I chanced upon a filthy, well rusted permanent way 'key' in the River Tawe. I brought it home and have hidden it in the shed! ;)

Your BR diesels may suit the Upper Swansea Valley (Neath & Brecon section) as stone was shipped by rail from Penwyllt Quarry down to Neath until 1977. :)

Thank you,

I fancy building a model of the line assuming it never closed, I think Pontardawe could be a good bet.

Regards-Richard

Edited by rka
  • Like 1

On 12/05/2020 at 21:29, rka said:

Hi

I reside in Swansea after moving back down from Huddersfield:huh:

I lived in Huddersfield for 46 years till 2017 & then moved south to neath I also know someone who came to swansea from huddersfield to go to University & then stayed

Edited by mozzer models
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold
54 minutes ago, mozzer models said:

I lived in Huddersfield for 46 years till 2017 & then moved south to neath I also know someone who came to swansea from huddersfield to go to University & then stayed

I think I bought a really badly built DC kits class 101 from you ( I know you didn't build it as I have seen your work) , did you live just off scar lane above milnsbridge?

12 hours ago, rka said:

Thank you,

I fancy building a model of the line assuming it never closed, I think Pontardawe could be a good bet.

Regards-Richard

Had the line survived freight only like other 'Valleys' lines, I have no doubt - given the volume of pre-Lockdown traffic up and down the Swansea Valley - the Swansea Vale line would have been popular and successful. I would have LOVED to travel by train from Ponty to Hereford via Crai, Brecon and Hay :)

All the best,

Paul