Yes, Simon.  The door handles are little 'T' shaped etches and the grab handles have a couple  of little spigots on them which go into holes and then a touch of cyano is applied from behind.

Jim

• Thanks 1

The door handles and grab rails have (eventually) been fitted.  The handles are tiny!  Think of  'T' about 1mm square!

Fitting them into the holes is a delicate operation and several have gone AWOL.  The operation was, however, made much easier with the arrival of a pair of ceramic tipped tweezers, which were recommended for soldering by @CDGfife at one of our last Area Group meetings.  They seem to hold things more positively than ordinary college tweezers with less chance of the part pinging off into the wide blue yonder.

1971736909_Handlesandvarnished.JPG.39f43927fa82738823f09f9ea956a19c.JPG

It was then given a coat of thinned Humbrol satin varnish, but this came out far too matt for my liking so a second coat of Ronseal clear satin interior varnish was applied.  This gives a nice sheen, as you can see on the end, without the 'hardness' of a gloss varnish.

Glazing then partitions and floor next.

Jim

• Like 3
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

Sadly my ceramic tipped tweezers have not guaranteed nothing will ping off to the carpet monster (2 rodding cranks this morning I'm looking at you!) but I agree they are the firmest gripping tweezers I've used and I wouldn't be without mine now, plus as you say great for soldering.

This is looking really good Jim.

CDG

• Thanks 1