Ngauge worsley works class74 kit

What is your skill level with etched kits?

Worsley Works are a scratch aid rather than a complete kit, they don't as you know from your question come with instructions and are probably not a good first model to attempt.

I've noted from the N gauge forum, the Worsley kit is scale length so will require a bespoke chassis, Etched Pixels did a version which could be plonked (in his own words) on a Farish 25/33 chassis.

• Agree 1

• RMweb Gold

Dog the man

Have a look at the N  gauge build, also available in 2mm amd 3mm scales 

https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=49397.0.

Tips from Mr Sprue are really good .  The chassis is a "problem" depending on road taken. Being a metal body the splitframe modern chassis does mean good isolation required. Also real thing had spoked drivers at 10 ` 6" spacing IIRC but the nearest is the Dapol hymek but bogie centres to close by all of 4mm ! so that looks the way forward. Sadly having tried the D63xx spoked wheels do not fit the hymek - so close but no cigar....

Kit makes up well and the pre rolled body is very close . The roof panels I rolled around a 25" diameter broom handle and these spring nicely on the body and glued on and taped down - mark with a pencil some location marks and a centre line to get spot on.  

Only missing thing are four holes below side windows to end the around the corner handrails . BH Enterprises or in my case the gloat pile had sets of TPM brass horns and wipers, also available from N brass loco. Both are sole traders who really sport our scale with a "zillion" of useful parts you never knew you needed !!!

https://www.railtec-models.com/showitem.php?id=931 for transfers , no 74 exactly but 73 00x numbers help along the way - another worthwhile avenue of n  transfers.  

A Dapol 73 if available from would give all the front end furniture - via your fav supplier or perhaps DCC supplies- albeit nothing shown today - just looked for a link,      

Hope that helps

Robert 

• Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
21 hours ago, woodenhead said:

A bit of a gap to overcome on the roof :lol:, it's like a span of the Forth bridge :lol:

But it looks quite good once done.

Hi yes but it is a scratch aid  and Allen likes to give little challenges - really where you go off the end of the etching radar .  The formable mesh idea is inspireded for domes   and works well - I have done mine in filler  and will use again in the future with a D600 kit in the pile.

Robert