1/43 scale figures!

billtee

I have made the Peco platform-mounted signal box, and fitted the interior detailing kit, too. 
I could have a signalman pulling off one of the point or signal levers, of course, but the figure would not be very visible, even with interior lighting.

However, on the steps, below a working lamp above the steps, a signalman would be VERY visible. He could be waiting for a loco crew to pass him the token to his section of line, or returning after giving the token to the locomotive crew.

My problem, though, is SIZE! I cannot find an upright figure (probably a man!) who would be about 6ft (42mm) tall! I have plenty of figures of people about a scale 5ft-5ft6” tall, but I think they are 1/45 or even 1/48 scale, and although people come in different heights, a figure only 5ft6” tall beside a door which is 6ft8” high just doesn’t look ‘right’!

Does any manufacturer make 1/43 scale figures of a 6ft tall man? 
I apologise for the various dimensions being in Imperial, but that is what I am used to - metric measurements are either too big or too small for me!

Thank you for any help,

Bill

Modelu make good figures, and being 3D scanned should be quite accurate. I don't know the era in which your layout is set but in the steam era 6ft was considered above average height and a lot of people would have been quite a bit shorter.

Thank you, everyone! I have just ordered a superb 1/43.5 scale figure of a (rather well-padded!) signalman with token, ftom Hardys Hobbies (who I had never heard of previously). My layout is a heritage line set near Exeter (so I can have SR and GWR locos) and is set early in the 21st century, so people would be more my size, ie 6ft. Anyway, I am looking forward to getting him - he will be working hard as my heritage railway (The West Exeter Railway) is a very popular venue and always has lots of steam trains and diesel hauled passenger trains (and demo. freight trains) running, especially on gala weekends. On my layout the local vintage/veteran car club has a ‘stand’ beside the station, and vintage buses are also bringing visitors. I know this type of layout has been done by lots of other modellers, but it gives me a lot of pleasure, which is what railway modelling is all about,

Bill

• Like 2
  • Agree 1