Pop Up - building kits

definate maybe

Dear All,

The postie delivered the embossed weathered slate roof paper from 'our man in thessalonika' today. I am very impressed. I am attaching a photo of the paper laid on the goods shed. As I said I am impressed. It has two draw backs. 1. There is a suggestion of colour difference showing the pattern repeat and, 2. it is printed portrait which means longer roofs will need a join.

Other than this it looks the bees knees from 18 inches.

On saturday the laser cut roof paper arrived from scale model scenery so  just as the RAF had aircraft with the A&AEE Boscombe Down, I have this goods shed with which to experiment . I found lots of 3mm ply in the shed so maybe an interchangeable roof to judge the results

Although at the rate I am modelling at present , this project will go on for many a year. Still thanks to Pop Up for the fun.

Now to an admission of stupidity. In my first posting on the roof paper ,I had not cottoned on to the fact that Scale Model Scenery do two ranges and that searching their site for roof paper brings up there standard printed sheets. [prefix TX]. I found the laser cut roofing eventually[ Prefix LX] . Thak you Eddie for the advice and inspiration.

Would any of you gentlemen like to advise me on your favorite adhesive for both the normal roof paper and the lasercut slate strips.

Thanks again gentlemen for all the encouragement , advice and inspiration,

Ian2117088581_goodsshedroofingpaper.jpg.922a1e1daf0591f3691c30191f57db57.jpg

• Like 5

• 4 weeks later...

Superb, Ben Alder!  

As a matter of interest, where did you source the clocks on the two stations, please?  They are rather neat, and I could do with one or two, but don't want to buy a complete kit!

John S

2 hours ago, it's-er said:

Superb, Ben Alder!  

As a matter of interest, where did you source the clocks on the two stations, please?  They are rather neat, and I could do with one or two, but don't want to buy a complete kit!

John S

Thanks, they came off a Sankey Scenics clock faces sheet which has about two dozen different designs, including three of the type I used.

HTH

Edited by Ben Alder

Just to let you all know, Strathspey Railway shop at Boat of Garten Station has the kits of Boat of Garten Signal Box and Boat of Garten Station and Station Master's House. These are by PopUp Designs, to their usual standard, but  are not on their website (possibly an "exclusive" to the Strathspey Railway)
The FB page for Boat of Garten Station has contact details should anyone wish to order, or drop me a PM, as I shall be visiting again soon.

https://www.facebook.com/Boat-of-Garten-Railway-Station-313483999062978/

• Like 4
  • Informative/Useful 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...