Geared trucks for custom chassis? (N gauge)

Hi

For a limited space layout I want to go with the Bandai shorty trains. If you're not aware these come as toys without proper trucks or a loco but they made conversion kits, which are all out of production now.

As such they are now super expensive and not particularly good. I'm considering having a go at making my own with some CNC and 3D printing (I'm going to want a few of these) based around these rather nice Dutch coreless motors.

I don't think I can build the geared trucks though. Can anyone recommend a source for geared trucks, accompanying worm gears and any other basic components I can build a chassis around?

Any help much appreciated. And FWIW I will open source all the designs in case anyone else would like to try.

Edited by arcadeperfect
formatting

• RMweb Gold

Hi

This in the wrong section. The model engineering area is for large scale models eg 5" gauge live steam. You need to ask question in the modelling questions area.

• 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold
On 12/05/2020 at 23:37, kipford said:

Hi

This in the wrong section. The model engineering area is for large scale models eg 5" gauge live steam. You need to ask question in the modelling questions area.

Just report the post to the mods for moving, which I'll do now.