THE INDIAN RAILWAYS IN MINIATURE!

MGR Hooper!

24 minutes ago, woodenhead said:

That is an excellent model, I like his ethos on simplicity, ranjeev also sounds like my cousin.

Glad you liked it. Ranjeev has been one of our clients for a few years and his work is truly amazing.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Recently we managed to acquire 1x Phrozen Mini 4K and 2x Phrozen Mighty 4Ks.... Here's a pic of the Phrozen Mighty 4K!

1342100459_PhrozenMighty4K.jpg.267c71250c3bf6646da2833c0e36782e.jpg

And here's our first 3D prints from the Phrozen Mighty 4K.

DHR "C" Vans in HOe scale

1.jpg.d807d494eb11ad71eb2700cbcb2ce71c.jpg

2.jpg.a36611cbf90edb6559826e31b3014b2c.jpg

3.jpg.fa62845094b7db47dfd2df1718b336db.jpg

C3P and R2D2

1622998266970.jpeg.0d24965185ff1ea8aab36cfdf0a55a8c.jpeg

The smallest thing we've ever 3D printed, a bearing for the DHR "C" Vans

1622998266976.jpeg.ff5ae88be8883d0878eacbeaeb83c4f5.jpeg

1622998266973.jpeg.5140e758d38e514aabc580202e98bfb8.jpeg

• Like 6

We'd like to say thank you to all those who have been supporting us over the last few years!! In a few short years we've gained so much. Thanks a ton to all you ladies and gents who've supported us and bought our kits and had us do various bespoke designs for you'll.

We're moving production in-house shortly and with that there'll be a pretty good reduction in prices.

Cheers!
Hayley and Jeremiah.

Edited by MGR Hooper!
  • Like 2

• RMweb Premium
6 hours ago, Michael Hodgson said:

Maybe all that pollution is to try and get passengers to travel inside the train rather than sunbathing on the roof?

2 hours ago, PhilJ W said:

Thats what the OHLE is for.

In some far eastern countries they have concrete balls hanging over the tracks to deter roof riders.

• Informative/Useful 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

• 3 months later...
  • RMweb Gold

Hi all,

Hopefully I can find some help here?

I'm looking at doing an NDM6 ex Matheran as runnng and painted when it arrived at DHR.

So - link to 603

https://www.irfca.org/gallery/Locos/Diesel/NG_diesel_locos/INDIA+603+_NDM-6_+Water+Pipe+01-02-13+_52140+0945+Matheran+-+Neral_+v2r.jpg.html

Checking the paint scheme and info sources gave me the colours.

Officially they are described as saffron, white and green.

But, what shades/descriptions or RAL codes cover these and are there equivalents in the ranges of paints available in the UK?

Edited by Scottish Modeller
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Scottish Modeller said:

Hi all,

Officially they are described as saffron, white and green.

But, what shades/descriptions or RAL codes cover these and are there equivalents in the ranges of paints available in the UK?

The colours are actually yellow, turquoise and dark green (no idea where the saffron and white came from). The indian railways does not follow any standards for paint colours. Even the same workshops and depots will re-paint locos and rolling stock within days of each other and they will look different. They just use whatever paint is available in bulk.

Your best bet is to take an image of the loco in a well lit area, choose the mid tone (not a shadow, not a well lit area) and try and copy it.

I have added a sample below. Can do them individually if needed.

NRL NDM6.jpg

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold
5 hours ago, Katie87006 said:

The colours are actually yellow, turquoise and dark green (no idea where the saffron and white came from). The indian railways does not follow any standards for paint colours. Even the same workshops and depots will re-paint locos and rolling stock within days of each other and they will look different. They just use whatever paint is available in bulk.

Your best bet is to take an image of the loco in a well lit area, choose the mid tone (not a shadow, not a well lit area) and try and copy it.

I have added a sample below. Can do them individually if needed.

NRL NDM6.jpg

Hi Katie,

Colours were supplied via a contact at the Indian Embassy - so no idea why they are different. Maybe he misunderstood the request as I noticed the coulours as supplied are very like those of the Indian flag?

Anyhow, thanks for the paint patches - I'll look at the various options and see how close a match I can get.

Phil H

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Scottish Modeller said:

Hi Katie,

Colours were supplied via a contact at the Indian Embassy - so no idea why they are different. Maybe he misunderstood the request as I noticed the coulours as supplied are very like those of the Indian flag?

Anyhow, thanks for the paint patches - I'll look at the various options and see how close a match I can get.

Phil H

If you've asked the indian embassy, they've most certainly given you the colours of the flag.

Try the colours I have provided. They have been handpicked from a variety of samples from modellers in india. Military colour ranges and warning panel yellow is a good start

• Like 2

• 4 months later...

I would be very interested indeed to make contact with anyone who has built/is building a layout of an Indian main line prototype, who is resident in the UK and who feels that their layout would be ready to appear at a major exhibition towards the end of 2023.

Phil

• Like 1