Holyhead depot - request for photos

hap

I am considering modelling a motive power depot modelled on Holyhead depot 1920-1950s.   My challenges are I'd like to model a LMS depot to match my loco stock and my location requires the depot to be long and narrow.  

Engaging with another kind member on this forum raised the idea of Holyhead as a suitable candidate.  The depot also has the advantage that it was home to 'big engines' such Black 5s, Scots and Patriots as well as some Jinties - so would well with my locos.   The track plan does look broadly suitable with some modification.

While I have a number of books on LMS engine sheds, looking through them I have found I have very little on Holyhead itself.  Hopefully some books currently in the mail may show more

Hence my request for photos and other details.  I have some distant shots of the engine shed and some of the surrounding buildings, but have nothing on the coaling plant, turntable, water column, water tank all of which are a mystery to me.   Google images has been only slightly helpful.

Thanking all in advance

14 hours ago, Joseph_Pestell said:

There are a few photos in the Illustrated Historical Survey Chester - Holyhead book (OPC) I will see if I can find my copy.

Very suitable candidate for a depot layout.

That would be most helpful and appreciated.

I have now found via a web search (source and date unknown) the following picture that provides a useful broad view of the site - shows coaling stage and water column.  Seems to be an older shed on the site to the typical LMS concrete roof version in the more recent pictures I have foundl.

Closeup photos would be really helpful, but seem to be in short supply sadly - or I need to search deeper.

Holyhead5.jpg

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...