Fleischmann N Guage Sound loco

Nights

Hi

I was amending the address of the loco from 2 digit to 4 digit addressing, all seemed to be ok but when I went to try the loco on the main track nothing.

I put the loco back on the programming track and tried to read the address back and now it comes up with 'Error reported by digital system: No acknowledge from decoder'.

I am using Roco Z21 and programming via RR&Co train Programmer.

Any help would be appreciated, even if it's to tell me where in the UK I could get it repaired. 

It was bought in Germany whilst on holiday over a year ago so out of warranty.

Hi, do you have any other locos to rule out issues with the system? Have you tried programming via the Z21 on its own? Sorry, don’t know much about RR & Co so can’t help you with that. You could try giving A and H models in Northhampton a ring, I’m sure they sell Fleischmann. They may have reduced hours at the moment though, check their website.

2 hours ago, Nights said:

Haymarket, I had been updating other locos prior to this one with no problem. I tried just going through the Z21 with the same timeout problem reading the loco decoder.

Fair enough, you might have to contact A and H Models then. There’s also a chap on YouTube called Hovermotion. He has an excellent European HO layout and regularly tears down models including Roco/Fleischmann. He might be able to offer some advice?