Model Rail #274 June 2020

grahame

28 minutes ago, Geoff Endacott said:

. . .  how the Kannotburn article has turned out . . . .

. . . . 11 pages on it. Plenty of pics to look at even if not a lot of text to read.

32 minutes ago, boxbrownie said:

Unfortunately the digital version is November 2019 issue....:o......:lol:

Hopefully the mistake will be corrected soon.

I have contacted PocketMags to point out the error. As you say, hope it's corrected soon

• RMweb Premium
9 minutes ago, D9020 Nimbus said:

The one on MR's own "app" is fine, though—and £1 cheaper for a single copy. The MR app was very unreliable a while ago, but is now much better.

Odd then, but I use Pocketmags as I get several other publications through the same supplier.

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, PenrithBeacon said:

My iPad 4 seems to be ok, but not the Android phone.

All good now, well almost....still showing the November cover but the editorial is the current June issue.......very odd.

Thats on my iPad Pro, not checked it on the PC yet.

• RMweb Premium
54 minutes ago, Nile said:

No such problems with Zinio.

I was told it was a widespread problem with the publisher supplied file, it was corrected the same day it appears so you may have got the correct copy a bit later than Pocketmags did.

15 hours ago, boxbrownie said:

I was told it was a widespread problem with the publisher supplied file, it was corrected the same day it appears so you may have got the correct copy a bit later than Pocketmags did.

I think that's just an excuse. I'm not aware of any problem with the file we supplied. (CJL)

• Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
48 minutes ago, dibber25 said:

I think that's just an excuse. I'm not aware of any problem with the file we supplied. (CJL)

Might have been, but that what I was told.......give them a poke!

• RMweb Premium
22 hours ago, boxbrownie said:

All good now, well almost....still showing the November cover but the editorial is the current June issue.......very odd.

Thats on my iPad Pro, not checked it on the PC yet.

Front cover is now the correct one today........they must have sneaked in during the night and stapled a new cover on my edition :lol:

16 hours ago, 30801 said:

Removed and re-downloaded it on my Android tablet and all is well.

It's ok on my android phone as well. Having said that PocketMags are still showing the November 2019 issue on the 'my library' page. When I tap it though it comes up with the correct issue now. I'd be surprised if Model Rail are at fault here, I think PocketMags have just linked to the wrong issue.

Cheers

4 hours ago, PenrithBeacon said:

It's ok on my android phone as well. Having said that PocketMags are still showing the November 2019 issue on the 'my library' page. When I tap it though it comes up with the correct issue now. I'd be surprised if Model Rail are at fault here, I think PocketMags have just linked to the wrong issue.

Cheers

I'm told that Model Rail staff are not involved with the upload of material to PocketMags - indeed, the person most likely to have been involved had never heard of PocketMags! (CJL)

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, dibber25 said:

I'm told that Model Rail staff are not involved with the upload of material to PocketMags - indeed, the person most likely to have been involved had never heard of PocketMags! (CJL)

Well that just doesn’t make sense at all.......do PocketMags sneak in and steal the edition in the middle of the night? :huh:

18 hours ago, boxbrownie said:

Well that just doesn’t make sense at all.......do PocketMags sneak in and steal the edition in the middle of the night? :huh:

I assume it would be Bauer staff who do that side of things.

They have loads of magazines and even TV and radio stations. Model Rail is just a small part of it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bauer_Media_Group

Jason

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, Steamport Southport said:

I assume it would be Bauer staff who do that side of things.

They have loads of magazines and even TV and radio stations. Model Rail is just a small part of it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bauer_Media_Group

Jason

Maybe.......I don’t really care too much, just pointed out the mistake.......wasn’t me pointing the finger ;)