If you are after something in particular post your wanted ad here.

Bachmann 25 - long coupling

corax67

Hello - I have been donated a Bachmann Class 25/2 (32-411) to be sold with the proceeds going to  “Trains4Charity”

Although the loco is boxed and otherwise mint the previous owner removed the original couplings and screwed part of a Kadee in place - according to the exploded diagram in the box the part should be serial number 400-030 but this brings up nothing on Google.

Could anyone provide me with an alternative product code or do they have one spare I might purchase please 

Karl

• RMweb Gold

A Google search with Kadee in as well brought up this:

https://therailwayconductor.co.uk/shop-by-brand-kadee/product/kadee-kde19-nem362-european-coupler-long-10-76mm-2-pairs-00-h0-gauge

The description includes The Kadee® Magne-Matic® coupler head with the swallow-tail shank to lock in the NEM-362 draft gear pocket. NEM 362 Long Coupler 10.76mm (.400")

Could the "400" be associated with the 0.400" measurement?

1 hour ago, corax67 said:

Hello - I have been donated a Bachmann Class 25/2 (32-411) to be sold with the proceeds going to  “Trains4Charity”

Although the loco is boxed and otherwise mint the previous owner removed the original couplings and screwed part of a Kadee in place - according to the exploded diagram in the box the part should be serial number 400-030 but this brings up nothing on Google.

Could anyone provide me with an alternative product code or do they have one spare I might purchase please 

Karl

I had some not sure if still got them. I'll have a look

On 14/05/2020 at 19:34, 34theletterbetweenB&D said:

Alternatively, ask the management if OK to offer it here, in case the easy option happens to be available: a purchaser for whom the absence of the original couplers is no problem .

Because all sale proceeds are going to the charity account I cannot just sell off items on things like forums as I don’t know where to set a value.

If I’m unable to source a replacement part then it has to go on the charity secondhand stall at the next show (2021) and see what someone offers there

Karl

On 13/05/2020 at 20:50, 96701 said:

A Google search with Kadee in as well brought up this:

https://therailwayconductor.co.uk/shop-by-brand-kadee/product/kadee-kde19-nem362-european-coupler-long-10-76mm-2-pairs-00-h0-gauge

The description includes The Kadee® Magne-Matic® coupler head with the swallow-tail shank to lock in the NEM-362 draft gear pocket. NEM 362 Long Coupler 10.76mm (.400")

Could the "400" be associated with the 0.400" measurement?

I convert all my own stock to Kadee but what this person did was remove the Bachmann hook coupling, drill a hole in the chassis  and with a small self tapping screw attach a long shank #5 style coupler head minus draft gearbox into place. It’s either locked solid or flops around like a fish out of water so no use to anyone.

This is the older 25/2 which doesn’t have NEM coupler pockets but rather screwed on hook/loop couplings.

Karl

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, corax67 said:

I convert all my own stock to Kadee but what this person did was remove the Bachmann hook coupling, drill a hole in the chassis  and with a small self tapping screw attach a long shank #5 style coupler head minus draft gearbox into place. It’s either locked solid or flops around like a fish out of water so no use to anyone.

This is the older 25/2 which doesn’t have NEM coupler pockets but rather screwed on hook/loop couplings.

Karl

Sorry Karl, you misunderstood my point because I wasn't clear enough. The 0.400" refers to a measurement the does not depend on the mounting type, it is the measurement shown on the picture below which is probably a mounting agnostic measurement.

KDE19.jpg

5 hours ago, 96701 said:

Sorry Karl, you misunderstood my point because I wasn't clear enough. The 0.400" refers to a measurement the does not depend on the mounting type, it is the measurement shown on the picture below which is probably a mounting agnostic measurement.

KDE19.jpg

Ah yes I see what you mean

Karl