Railway Modeller June 2020

Guest Jack Benson

Guest Jack Benson

Hi,

Some good news, RM June 2020 has arrived at the local Sainsbury's co-inciding with our lockdown expedition.

Nice to see Jamie Warne's Sandy Shores in print, a well-deserved accolade for a notable achievement.

Child Okeford is also featured.

Railway-Modeller-Issue-836-June-2020.jpg.2bb9a8069c0b9b3713e03b7a5efc75b9.jpg

Cheers and Stay Safe

• RMweb Gold

Thank you, Jack!
As it happens I just took a look at the contents on their website and saw Child Okeford in there; I've been quietly (and have very much enjoyed) following the progress so I'm very eager to see that article in particular, once it drops through the letterbox!

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Unfortunately the scale of the trackplan for Child Okeford is wrong. The text says it's 4.8m by 3m but the drawing quotes 5ft by 3ft with 1ft grid squares.

Looks like a metric / imperial mixup...?

Edited by Harlequin
  • Agree 1

14 minutes ago, Harlequin said:

Unfortunately the scale of the trackplan for Child Okeford is wrong. The text says it's 4.8m by 3m but the drawing quotes 5ft by 3ft with 1ft grid squares.

Looks like a metric / imperial mixup...?

That's what you get when you quote the size in foreign measurements....

We'll be back to L/S/D soon like the old issues of RM.

:prankster:

Jason

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

A great issue, 'Grimsby Blundell Park' is particularly impressive in achieving a lot in a relatively small space, lovely modelling of LNER terminus in P4.

I got the last copy of RM in our local Sainsbury's yesterday, hope those looking for one find a copy, well worth seeking out.

cheers,

Keith

Edited by tractionman
Correction

Distribution of this issue does seem to have been rather erratic.  There was no sign of it in the newsagent at Bedford bus station, save for a blank look from the sales assistant, and at my habitual Tesco the space allocated to it had been filled by an unfeasibly large quantitiy of another comic.  Eventually I managed to track one down this afternoon and I will read it in bed tonight! 

Chris

• Friendly/supportive 1