Peco O Gauge Signal Box

Keith J

Hi all, has anyone built the Peco O gauge signal box with the lasercut brick base? All the photo's I've seen show it with the door and steps on the right hand side and I’m trying to find out if it is possible to assemble it the other way round with the door and stairs on the left.

I’ve had a look on the Peco website to see if the assembly instructions are available to download but couldn’t find anything.

Thanks.

• RMweb Gold

If you mean LK-715, no I don't think you could because the entry door will be in the wrong place. 

Peco have missed a trick here. They could have put the door in the middle of the gable end which would have made it reversible (dependant on the arrangement of the windows at the other end).

• Agree 2

Thanks for your reply and I agree it would have been good if it was reversible.

Just realised, I probably should have posted this topic under Peco in the Products and Trades area - sorry! :blush:

Yes, thanks, I think I will probably go for one of their kits as they do both left and right versions.

I have actually built a couple of their kits in the past, a goods shed and bridge and was quite impressed with the ease of construction and finished result.

I must say though I am very impressed with the finish on your signal box. Love the brickwork.

And there was me admiring your painting skills!

Does look very effective though and makes the corners look better which I think is a downside to lasercut brickwork.

Thanks, I think.  I did use paint elsewhere it has to be said.

I find the laser cut brick courses tend to flake off and I have no clue how to get the mortar detail in.  I have painted bricks on other, 4mm, buildings but could never get mine as good as Scalescenes.

Corners tend to be the downfall of most card buildings but by using Scalescenes techniques I can make decent corners.

John

Hope you don't mind me suggesting this site - https://railmodel.co.uk/collections/frontpage?page=1

I have recently built one of Andy Pearce's kits and very happy with it ( satisfied customer etc ) 

If you wish to change anything Andy is very approachable or can produce a one off if you ask.

IMG_1917.jpeg.b9b249b9819c477fc5aa9ccac2b9667f.jpeg

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Hi John....A while ago I produced a kit for a signal box, and although they proved a little labour intensive for me to produce, I'd happily put one together for you if you were interested. The base is a resin casting and most other parts are CNC cut styrene. Some pics below....the steps can go at either end.

IMG_20180524_114911906.jpg

IMG_20180524_093838059_HDR.jpg

IMG_20180524_093849711_HDR.jpg

IMG_20180501_143954656.jpg

• Like 3
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

I picked up one of the ground cabin kits, it’s lending itself to loosely being made into a LSWR “thingy” for my 7mm project.

It sits on a scratch built stone base, made from Wills 4mm coarse stone sheets, the steps are a 7mm laser cut kit, again bashed about a bit.

it’s a great little kit for the money, and Peco’s interior kit is nice as well.

i do have one of the Laser brick kits in the stash, but I haven’t even opened that yet

Craig 

CBFBDA6F-C2E8-45CC-8875-5505700F4795.jpeg

• Like 2