Slaters

4wDH

Hi does anyone know if Slatersplastikard is open for business. Im asking because I ordered two kits on Tuesday of this week but have had no correspondence from them. Their website does not say if they open or closed.

They are open - I received a parcel from them yesterday that was ordered on Saturday. It does depend what you're ordering, the previous one took a fair bit longer (also during lockdown).  In my experience they just don't do communication. 

• RMweb Premium

Have you tried the phone number on the website? 

They indicate that they will send you a confirmation when they are ready to ship your order if you ask for one.

• RMweb Premium
10 minutes ago, Steamport Southport said:

Slaters Plastikard? I can never get the website to work.

If I click on MENU as below, it just disappears. I've done all the obvious things like deleting cookies and refreshing. Just doesn't want to play ball.

2020-05-14.png.4b5d418e0b3fec6704afb63bf98b4bfa.png

378869523_2020-05-14(1).png.6d7a1632dec19adc449fa7f28f318888.png

Jason

That's strange, it works for me;

image.png.a1bc556f0199a9af0036e2952c0195ce.png

It sounds like it might be a problem with your browser.  We have similar trouble at work, some of the programs we use won't show the navigation buttons in IE, but will work in Google Chrome, and with other programs it's vice versa. (Above screenshot is Windows 7/ Firefox browser.)

Hope this helps

Moxy

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Steamport Southport said:

Slaters Plastikard? I can never get the website to work.

If I click on MENU as below, it just disappears. I've done all the obvious things like deleting cookies and refreshing. Just doesn't want to play ball.

Jason

Make sure you've got Javascript enabled, as that's what the menu uses. 

• Thanks 1

Guest Half-full
9 hours ago, 4wDH said:

Hi does anyone know if Slatersplastikard is open for business. Im asking because I ordered two kits on Tuesday of this week but have had no correspondence from them. Their website does not say if they open or closed.

Have you tried contacting them direct rather than asking on here?

7 hours ago, Half-full said:

Have you tried contacting them direct rather than asking on here?

That will probably be my next step, I just thought I would ask on the forum first.

• RMweb Gold

I ordered some plastikard a fortnight ago and received a phone call from them yesterday saying that, unfortunately because of staff issues  they were unable to fulfil my order at the current time. They gave me the choice to wait or cancel the order.  They hadn’t taken any money from my bank at that point so a refund wasn’t necessary.

• Informative/Useful 2

• RMweb Gold
On 22/05/2020 at 08:09, Bucoops said:

I've yet to receive a response to a query on some faulty parts from  a month or so ago. I'm in no rush though so won't chase just yet.

Curiously I've just had a packet delivered to work (must be the only address they have on file) which looks like contains the second faulty part but not the first. Will collect next week when I can nip in and confirm before I pop another email off.

• RMweb Premium

venerable adj. accorded a great deal of respect, especially because of age, wisdom, or character.

(in the Anglican Church) a title given to an archdeacon.

(in the Roman Catholic Church) a title given to a deceased person who has attained a certain degree of sanctity but has not yet been fully beatified or canonized.

[J. Pearsall, ed., The New Oxford Dictionary of English (OUP, 1998)]

@Ian Kirk, take your pick!

• Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

On 22/05/2020 at 08:09, Bucoops said:

I've yet to receive a response to a query on some faulty parts from  a month or so ago. I'm in no rush though so won't chase just yet.

Might be a case he has missed your email ? I don't think many would be upset if you were to politely ask again, just read your subsequent post, 

edit, just read your second post

Edited by hayfield
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold
2 minutes ago, hayfield said:

Might be a case he has missed your email ? I don't think many would be upset if you were to politely ask again

I'm in no particular rush - and as above it looks like they got the second email (I sent two in quite quick succession - teach me not to check everything first!). The other faulty items are castings which if I had a Mill I could fix myself. The item they appear to have sent is one that (and I forget which way round) has a left hand thread but should be right hand. Nothing I could do about that at all!

1 minute ago, Bucoops said:

I'm in no particular rush - and as above it looks like they got the second email (I sent two in quite quick succession - teach me not to check everything first!). The other faulty items are castings which if I had a Mill I could fix myself. The item they appear to have sent is one that (and I forget which way round) has a left hand thread but should be right hand. Nothing I could do about that at all!

In the past I have bought a few bits from Slaters, absolutely first class service. I think most of us have done the same as you, I now make a list of what I need as its so easy to get sidetracked or just forget

• RMweb Premium

Speaking to David, there are only three people working at Slaters at present but they are trying their best to keep up with orders. There is an issue with some items such as some types of embossed Plastikard where two people are needed to operate the machinery, which under present circumstances is difficult to say the least. They don't take payment for parts of an order they can't fulfill until it is dealt with.

Dave

• Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 4