Slaters

4wDH

• RMweb Premium

I put a straight forward order for plasticard in on Friday, Postie delivered it yesterday.....I’d just run out of 2mm brick.

Excellent service from Slaters and the Post Office.

On 21/05/2020 at 22:20, Ian Kirk said:

I have dealt with Slaters for something like 50 years  (right back to when it was George Slater) and have never had cause to complain. My last order took a bit longer than usual but I am of a generation that did not expect instant gratification. These are not normal times.  In a small business with a handful of employees there are no margins to cover if someone goes off sick. Similarly there may not be a spare pair of hands to contact customers who are waiting.  The Post is a lot slower than usual. Lots of things could be wrong. We are accustomed in this computer age to  get instant return of our orders.  Expecting this at the moment is perhaps a bit unrealistic.

When I sold the Factory and retired I kept a little bit of my business, the O gauge Coach range, to keep me from getting bored.  I am still running this, working from home in the lockdown. I like to turn Mail  Orders around quickly but at the moment I sometimes do and I sometimes don't.  The small town I live in has lost it's sub Post Office so we get a Travelling Post Office Van once a week. I could drive into the Post Town and queue up in the Post Office but at my age I am vulnerable. So  depending on when orders come in I  can turn orders round in 24 hours or up to a week.

best wishes,

Ian

To be fair though it's not to much to expect a reply to e-mails surely, I think that is good customer service as they are quite happy to take the money.

E

• RMweb Gold
15 hours ago, Dave Hunt said:

There is currently one lady dealing with mail order at Slaters and she is doing a great job despite being snowed under. Give them a break.

Dave 

As I said earlier she rang me, explaining why certain items were out of stock and giving me the option to cancel or have the order processed as soon as available.   It was a good couple of weeks after the order and she was most apologetic for the delay. Under current circumstances I was more that happy with the service.

• Like 1