Park Street

vulcan product fan

With the warm weather returning i have had chance to go and start again in the outbuilding .

I had made a a start last year but the winter wasn't kind to it with condensation dripping from the building roof onto it and mould growing on the base boards so i removed the top boards and started again New plan 

The space i have is two foot wide by seven feet long the plan is for an oval main running line and a single platform station and inside the main line a large stabling point (the half of the oval that doesn't fit on the board will be on a hinged section  .

I have put down the half of the main running line on cork and now cant decided the design for the stabling point so while i work that out i have started the platform. its peco platform face glued onto 18mm of ply board (two 9mm glued together) sprayed black with ratio kits wall behind .

hopefully will post more progress over the next few weeks .

20200514_150136[1].jpg

Edited by vulcan product fan
New name for layout
  • Like 7
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

19 hours ago, vulcan product fan said:

With the warm weather returning i have had chance to go and start again in the outbuilding .

I had made a a start last year but the winter wasn't kind to it with condensation dripping from the building roof onto it and mould growing on the base boards so i removed the top boards and started again New plan 

The space i have is two foot wide by seven feet long the plan is for an oval main running line and a single platform station and inside the main line a large stabling point (the half of the oval that doesn't fit on the board will be on a hinged section  .

I have put down the half of the main running line on cork and now cant decided the design for the stabling point so while i work that out i have started the platform. its peco platform face glued onto 18mm of ply board (two 9mm glued together) sprayed black with ratio kits wall behind .

hopefully will post more progress over the next few weeks .

20200514_150136[1].jpg

Sounds rather good Andy,looking forward to more from this now..:senile::good:

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

9 hours ago, vulcan product fan said:

Thanks Neil been out in the sun today and finished fixing the frame together  and making sure its all solid now to do some online shopping for some more bits to work on .

Sounds good Andi,looking forward to this build of yours...:senile:

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Powerhaul 70 Pey said:

Good start and I am following this.  Good luck with trying to get track and points, it seems the nation has took to building model railways or baking!  Very limited building supplies on Amazon and Hattons.

Yeee found that out last few days although managed to scrape the few bits I needed from various sources.

• Friendly/supportive 2

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎19‎/‎05‎/‎2020 at 07:07, vulcan product fan said:

Hi Neil not yet. I have ballasted and glued the main line but in need of some points and track before i can continue :D

Sounds good andi,ive not been on in few days snowed under with sound fitting jobs...:senile:

• Like 1

Here goes an up date, Part 1

I have started to build a bridge to hide the scenic break using kits . Next after the arrival of some of the track needed i have installed the point and second track on this section of the layout .

More detail added to the station in the form of an LED station light and a coke can machine that lights up from models 4 u .

20200602_140050[1].jpg

20200602_140056[1].jpg

• Craftsmanship/clever 1

Up date part 2 .

I have been putting signal in place with aws ramps .

I have also brought one of Accurascale bufferstops and put it on the shunters siding .

Now waiting for more supplies to arrive have more retaining wall, plaster cloth, static grass, and ballast to come plus some bits from scalemodelscenery  so looking forward to another busy week .

Been adding (GLR) mag,nem couplings to the fleet aswell 

20200602_140509[1].jpg

20200602_140423[1].jpg

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Small update somethings have turned up some haven't . I have using plaster cloth made the embankment at the side of the bridge as in the photo i wanted a very uniform look to it so it looked man made , its now painted and waiting flocking . From ebay managed to get some very smart station detail again photoed .

will take a few pics tomorrow on progress .

20200610_111128[1].jpg

20200611_113632[1].jpg

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

4 hours ago, vulcan product fan said:

Small update somethings have turned up some haven't . I have using plaster cloth made the embankment at the side of the bridge as in the photo i wanted a very uniform look to it so it looked man made , its now painted and waiting flocking . From ebay managed to get some very smart station detail again photoed .

will take a few pics tomorrow on progress .

20200610_111128[1].jpg

20200611_113632[1].jpg

These look great,must look out for some.

17 hours ago, vulcan product fan said:

Hi Neil they are great items and the seller really helped when i wanted a mix of different items not listed together on his page ..

Yer im going to buy some there great!!

hows the new build layout??

2 minutes ago, saxokid said:

Yer im going to buy some there great!!

hows the new build layout??

Hi Neil slow progress at the moment no photos i have started adding the static grass to parts of the layout and have now finished the platform apart from i need another station light . i want to get as much as i can done before my return to work Tuesday night but getting things i want is a slow process , my local model shop reopens Monday so may be able to get the last few bits i want from there . Hows things up in sunny Merseyside , hope all is well with you and family .

• Friendly/supportive 1

Just now, vulcan product fan said:

Hi Neil slow progress at the moment no photos i have started adding the static grass to parts of the layout and have now finished the platform apart from i need another station light . i want to get as much as i can done before my return to work Tuesday night but getting things i want is a slow process , my local model shop reopens Monday so may be able to get the last few bits i want from there . Hows things up in sunny Merseyside , hope all is well with you and family .

Sounds good Andi,looking forward to your latest layout build here..

Its very wet Merseyside at mo..

After seeing someone post on twitter that Matlock antiques had some London midland railway signs for sale i had to visit and see what was on offer ,

i brought a number of very smart station signs but the best was this one from Park Street station in st Albans .

so the railway has a new name and the sign will look very nice in the railway room .

Thanks for looking

20200712_161024[1].jpg

• Like 4