Terence Lane - Liverpool area shunting plank

JBM37404

Thought I would start an thread on here to share my foray into O gauge. Had a mixed results time in N last layout and ended up selling a under construction project. Seeing some of the O gauge releases spurred me on to have a go so am seeing where it leads.

Couple of baseboards are in my possession giving me approx 6 ft of space for now so this will be a limited space layout for now. Track is on order as still pondering a name. Stock so far is a Heljan 37/4 being worked on to produce 37426. A Dapol 08 as 08916 and some wagons in the form of a skytrex TTA. Heljan OAA and a Dapol HAA. 

Era 1990ish as my usual favourite with a potential mix of liveries and will see where this takes me.

John

IMG_20200506_101428.jpg

IMG_20200505_191200.jpg

IMG_20200423_093217.jpg

Edited by JBM37404
Layout name edit
  • Like 7

• RMweb Gold

John

Welcome to O Gauge, looks / sounds like you have a plan.....

Good choice of locomotives and wagons... Good luck and I will watch with interest 

Jim

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, jcarta said:

John

Welcome to O Gauge, looks / sounds like you have a plan.....

Good choice of locomotives and wagons... Good luck and I will watch with interest 

Jim

Thanks, plan is to enjoy it as much as possible and not worry if I change the plan a lot as I go. Might have a crack at OHLE as I did it in 4mm a few years back and enjoyed that. Will need to build some rolling stock kits though to go under it!

• RMweb Gold
1 minute ago, Enterprisingwestern said:

Judging by other 7mm coverts on here, down a long slippery slope!

Mike.

Don't know what you mean !!!!!!!!

• Friendly/supportive 1

7 minutes ago, Enterprisingwestern said:

Judging by other 7mm coverts on here, down a long slippery slope!

Mike.

Slippery slopes are all good I have eyes on the garage and garden to continue down it!

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
9 hours ago, 47606odin said:

Yep not going to buy that many locos in O gauge....

5 x class 33’s, 2 x class 60, class 50 45 20, 2 x 08 with 2 more on pre order....potentially 73’s 56 and 47 in the pipeline. 

This collection makes a great stabling point collection but once the 47, 56 & 73's arrive then this will be bordering on a MPD :yahoo_mini:

Jim

2 hours ago, jcarta said:

This collection makes a great stabling point collection but once the 47, 56 & 73's arrive then this will be bordering on a MPD :yahoo_mini:

Jim

It already is, if you look me up. I’ve locks parked everywhere. See my signature below 

• RMweb Gold
On 14/05/2020 at 22:57, 47606odin said:

Yep not going to buy that many locos in O gauge....

5 x class 33’s, 2 x class 60, class 50 45 20, 2 x 08 with 2 more on pre order....potentially 73’s 56 and 47 in the pipeline. 

A total lack of moral fibre and willpower, the youth of today, pah!!

Of course, I never buy more than I need, and that's in 4mm

Mike.

• Funny 1

Sound fitted the 08 last night. Haven't stopped driving it up and down my two yards of track (more is on order) great fun and makes me remember why the money spent and burnt fingers are worthwhile!

• Like 2
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, JBM37404 said:

Sound fitted the 08 last night. Haven't stopped driving it up and down my two yards of track (more is on order) great fun and makes me remember why the money spent and burnt fingers are worthwhile!

If you are enjoying yourself this much ........ From this point forward let it be known that the contents of your wallet will mysteriously disappear.......:)

Jim 

• Like 1
  • Agree 2
  • Funny 1

13 hours ago, jcarta said:

If you are enjoying yourself this much ........ From this point forward let it be known that the contents of your wallet will mysteriously disappear.......:)

Jim 

I've noticed, let's hope all my pre ordered stock doesn't arrive at the same time. Will be a few please explains to the management...!

• Agree 1
  • Funny 2

41 minutes ago, jcarta said:

Nice attention to detail on the 37

Jim

Thanks,

I've a few more things up my sleeve for it yet also. 

The layout build is about to take an interesting turn also. Will reveal more in the week once events have taken place...

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
1 minute ago, JBM37404 said:

Thanks,

I've a few more things up my sleeve for it yet also. 

The layout build is about to take an interesting turn also. Will reveal more in the week once events have taken place...

Looking forward to this interesting turn.....

• Like 1

So over the weekend just gone it came to my attention a layout was being sold partially complete by its owner. This layout looked to be of good construction, fitted my space (apart from some leg adjustment) and all wired up for DCC.

So my bare boards are now no longer required and I can run trains once the other board is put up. 

Layout will be called 'Terence Lane' in memory of my father who past away earlier in the year and started my interest in railways.

It will be a Liverpool area fuel point and end of run round. I also am considering a line with a small shed on which I will have as a wheel lathe type building. That means I can run single wagons and carriages and leave them in the shed for periods of time and shunt with my 08. I am imaging it to be around the Edge hill area.

John

IMG_20200601_213939.jpg

Edited by JBM37404
Spelling
  • Like 4

• 4 weeks later...

Not much progress construction wise of late, however bits are being obtained and 37426 is sound fitted (pictured) now and is being weathered next. I'm going to scratch build a road over bridge and the wheel lathe building. Also one eye is on a room move to double the length so design for that is occurring. 

A Peter Clark fuel point and telephone box (remember them!) has come also. Plenty to get my teeth into!

Thanks

John

IMG-20200629-WA0000.jpeg