Weaver Geep, DCC running problem - now sorted.

I fitted the one in the GP40 as posted earlier; the GP38-2 will be a while yet as the frame & body are still at the painting stage, and I don't want to install the running gear until that's done. The GP9 will be done when I install DCC, which should be fairly soon* as it's the only US loco I have that hasn't been converted to DCC yet.

*Edit: I use the term "fairly soon" rather loosely, of course. As in "some time this Century".... :jester:

Edited by F-UnitMad

• 3 weeks later...

I just came back to this thread to see if this did get solved. Happy that it did!

Anyone have any ideas now where any suitable replacement motors can be sourced?

I've looked around for both the Canon and Maxon motors and there's no where that seems to have any in stock for anything remotely resembling reasonable. I could get another loco from Jason for less than some are charging for these motors. :(

Hi Dan

Jordan's news of the Canons made me investigate, so I got some.  Now you can investigate them properly for me, I think I've got your address still. My days as a greedy importer are largely over(!), so if it works for you and you can let us know how you did it, my cost was about £15 plus how much the Post Office stamp says ... OK?  Pay when happy. Well OK, more happy than usual!

Jason

I've picked up a couple of Canon motors from China thru ebay, at the price I thought they were worth a punt.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Swiss-Maxon-A-max-204443-32mm-64mm-Dual-Shaft-Mini-Coreless-Motor-DC-12V-3000RPM/253637248873?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

There are many others of differing sizes available, at reasonable prices, some with gearboxes. They seem to run well, but I've not fitted them to anything yet.

• Like 1

On 07/08/2020 at 12:53, jasond said:

Jordan's news of the Canons made me investigate, so I got some. 

Not 14 of them, in a box from a certain Ebay Seller who sold me 4, perchance? He must be wondering why there's such a rush on Canon FN30 motors in the UK at the moment!! :D

• Funny 1