Taking pictures on station’s during lockdown

TravisM

• RMweb Gold

I was just wondering if anyone has had any issues with taking pictures railway property, eg station’s etc?  I was thinking of going to Peterborough station next week as I’ve seen some recent pictures posted online and I was wondering if they were passing through or just gone onto the platform.

I was wondering if anyone has just gone through the barriers and has anyone had any issues with staff preventing entry?

• RMweb Premium
On 15/05/2020 at 16:47, jools1959 said:

I was just wondering if anyone has had any issues with taking pictures railway property, eg station’s etc?  I was thinking of going to Peterborough station next week as I’ve seen some recent pictures posted online and I was wondering if they were passing through or just gone onto the platform.

I was wondering if anyone has just gone through the barriers and has anyone had any issues with staff preventing entry?

I havent tried but if they took issue with anyone adding to the risks they are already being forced to take I'd not be remotely surprised.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• Moderators

I would say the sensible and moral thing to do would be to leave the stations for anyone who has to travel; the best thing to do would be to take pictures from a more remote location preferably without touching gates/fences etc.

• Like 1
  • Agree 4

Given all the words coming from central government about NOT using public transport the message should be pretty clear.

Unless you need to be at the station because you work there or have to travel then you shouldn't be there.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Thanks for the info and I’ll avoid going to the station.  If I decide to take some railway pictures, I’ll find a suitable location where I can take pictures safely.