How to remove super glue from a Bachmann pannier body.

Not clear what the question is.  Do you want to remove the lamps that are super glued on or do you want to remove the remains of some superglue from the lamps.  The latter I have no idea,   but the former you can buy a Super Glue debonder.  It does work.  It may even work with blobs of residual  Superglue but I dont know.

I've used the Super Glue Debonder, it works, but you have to be patient, it certainly isn't quick.  It would also seem like a good idea to do a bit at a time, I used it on balsa and I'm not sure what a big dollop might do to the bodywork.

Another trick you might try, is to just soak it in warm {not hot} water.  Super Glue is not generally waterproof, but again this takes a big bunch of time.  Soak for hours, rub of what little isn't firm, soak again and repeat.

Julian

• Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium

Cut it off with a sharp craft knife, I use scalpels for this sort of stuff. Repair any damage with filler if required, replace the lamp iron with an etched one and repaint.

1B8C215C-B498-4587-8264-16C8E05EB688.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 2

Soaking the model in a degreaser like simple green dissolves the super glue and makes it easy to remove, unfortunately this also strips the paint

You can also put the superglue affected model into a freezer for an hour or so, this will make the super glue brittle and easy to remove

• Agree 1