Ballyercall BR or Irish layout depending on the day!

NIRCLASS80

Hi just hoping to bring a few images and videos of my home layout which doubles as a NSE area late 1980’s layout and a Irish layout!  Stock is never run mixed!

Here’s a short video to start in the NSE theme  

Edited by NIRCLASS80
  • Like 3

• RMweb Gold

Hi 

Like the dual purposing of the layout - just need swap able signage !

Viz stock being not mixed you can get way -sort of with an Mk2D FK in blue grey and given a couple of 205 class engines got to NI for 80 class railcars you could do some outrageous rule 1a stuff on a just suppposing basis  NIR / IR 205 ? now what would that look like, used as power units back to back as tractor units for new freight flows .. 

I get my orange hiz viz and head out .

Robert   

• Friendly/supportive 1

4 hours ago, Robert Shrives said:

Hi 

Like the dual purposing of the layout - just need swap able signage !

Viz stock being not mixed you can get way -sort of with an Mk2D FK in blue grey and given a couple of 205 class engines got to NI for 80 class railcars you could do some outrageous rule 1a stuff on a just suppposing basis  NIR / IR 205 ? now what would that look like, used as power units back to back as tractor units for new freight flows .. 

I get my orange hiz viz and head out .

Robert   

Robert it was deliberately designed for both stock as I really like the IR era and I grew up in Northern Ireland during the hay day of the 80 Class and then living in Shropshire Class 50’s are a long time favourite as well and some great days at the SVR. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • NIRCLASS80 changed the title to Ballyercall BR or Irish layout depending on the day!
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...