Anchoridge D10/ D11 Brushes and springs.

DCB

Does anyone have any idea where I could source  brushes for Anchoridge D10 and D11 motors.   I have one of each which have missing brushes and soggy springs.

I don't seem to be able to find anything on line.

Best would be to ask and see in wanted section if anyone who has a broken one but with brushes etc. Another source was suggested in a previous Q&A on this website Branchlines and Roxey Mouldings. The branchline website seems out of date and more of a blog of sorts. Roxey mouldings have something similar but as to be of use is unclear. Dc kits was also recommended so worth asking. The forum listed 'Anchorage D11 Motor' comes up in forum search function (that is how it is spelt)

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

I found the spring stuck in the brush holder and made a brush from a rectangular chunk of an electric drill brush I had lying around by mounting it in a mini drill chuck, off centre,  and carefully turning it down with initially coarse sandpaper then various files finishing with a selection of needle files using very low revs on the drill.  I snapped a couple but also made a couple, around 1mm dia.   Pics show work in progress, it ended up parallel.

Tested it tonight and the motor runs really well.  

DSCN0123.JPG

DSCN0127.JPG

• Like 1