Cambridge Custom Transfers - NOW OPEN AGAIN !

cctransuk

Cambridge Custom Transfers can once again accept orders - BUT ONLY E-MAIL ORDERS WITH ON-LINE PAYMENT; (BACS OR PAYPAL).

Unfortunately, we still are still subject to Covid-19 shielding, so receiving orders via Royal Mail, and processing cheques, are not currently possible.

If you do not have access to on-line banking, you should still be able to make a payment to us via telephone banking, or in person at your local bank branch; you will find our payment details below.

Alternatively, you may have a friend or acquaintance who can make an on-line BACS payment for you.

We apologise for any inconvenience that these, hopefully, temporary arrangements may cause, but we are sure that you understand that avoiding Covid-19 infection is paramount at our age; (70+).

Keep safe,

John Isherwood.

https://www.cctrans.org.uk/products.htm

• Like 10
  • Friendly/supportive 8

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, deltic17 said:

I would love to be able to use your transfers - I was looking for some the other day - but can't see any pictures of them anywhere??

Unless somebody has used them on a model and is showing it somewhere then you won't.

Believe me, they are cock on.

Mike.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

I would love to be able to use your transfers - I was looking for some the other day - but can't see any pictures of them anywhere??

IMG_4044.JPG.55e2b853704aaf90fa72395a297a92ec.JPG

TT1.jpg.31587e6aebe8274457639774f1394eb8.jpg

267806543_IMG_4654small.JPG.df072337408dd410326d3e725328de89.JPG

1107187939_COWANSSHELDONHANDCRANE.jpg.6fa2fc5f8aeceedd6cbaea25a3275a6c.jpg

IMG_1054.JPG.f091997e97a2001fcbe37fc9ff032244.JPG

Will that suffice?  ..... there are lots more !

Regards,

John Isherwood.

• Like 2
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

Thanks for the photos - they do look good - it's just so handy to be able to see exactly what you want before ordering and that's all I was trying to say - I'm sure you would sell more if you had photos of the product.

I got my fingers burned in that respect with some other transfers I ordered 'blind' from another supplier. When they turned up the font was completely wrong so it was just £'s down the drain for me.

Anyway best wishes.

I'm sure you would sell more if you had photos of the product.

I'm not actually trying to boost sales - I get all the orders that I can cope with !

To try and explain; understand that I am aged 70+, and I print transfers on obsolete Alps printers that I first bought twenty years ago.

I design transfers that I need myself, and offer them to other modellers via my website; https://www.cctrans.org.uk/products.htm .

I do not advertise anywhere; sales come simply by word-of-mouth and discussions on railway modelling forums.

When not printing and packing transfers I am doing my own modelling, so I have no incentive to increase sales volume.

Finally, you can be assured that, if I produce something, it will be as near to 100% accurate as research allows - because I use the products myself and I'm VERY picky !

Regards,

John Isherwood.

Edited by cctransuk
  • Like 5
  • Agree 2
  • Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Premium
20 hours ago, deltic17 said:

I got my fingers burned in that respect with some other transfers I ordered 'blind' from another supplier. When they turned up the font was completely wrong so it was just £'s down the drain for me.

Anyway best wishes.

In such circumstances you are quite within your rights to return the items for a refund under distance selling regulations.  You're quite likely to lose out on postage though, both ways.

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium

No, under distance selling you must also be refunded the purchase price and the postage price.  You don't have to be refunded the return postage costs though, unless the item is faulty or not as described.

Edited by Not Captain Kernow
smelling pistake
  • Informative/Useful 1

On 25/05/2020 at 07:10, Not Captain Kernow said:

No, under distance selling you must also be refunded the purchase price and the postage price.  You don't have to be refunded the return postage costs though, unless the item is faulty or not as described.

Quite correct, as you have additional rights under the Distance Selling Act 2013, effective from 1/1/2015.

On 25/05/2020 at 07:10, Not Captain Kernow said:

You don't have to be refunded the return postage costs though, 

The default is that you do have to be refunded the return cost if you simply change your mind. The seller must explicitly state otherwise to get out of this.

• RMweb Gold

Back on topic.

As I couldn't bear the thought of John sitting around twiddling his thumbs I thought I might as well put a shipping order in, as I'm marooned over her for a while it saves on postage costs to Spain (once a Yorkshireman etc) and gets me a stock of transfers in for current and future  projects.

I placed the order last Friday, John contacted me with a query on the Saturday, resolved by return, and they have just landed via Royal Mail.

Considering the current situation and a bank holiday in the way that's excellent sevice by any means.

Thanks John.

Mike.

1 hour ago, Enterprisingwestern said:

As I couldn't bear the thought of John sitting around twiddling his thumbs ...........

Fat chance !! :rolleyes: Glad the order arrived OK.

I wonder if customers know something I don't - shipping orders left, right and centre!!

Regards,

John Isherwood.

• Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
31 minutes ago, cctransuk said:

I wonder if customers know something I don't - shipping orders left, right and centre!!

Just in case you needed the reassurance, I think you're safe, John!

Not just model railways; all my colleagues in classic car parts manufacturing and sales say they can't keep up with demand at the moment and our local needlecraft and haberdashers shops, while closed to visitors, are doing a roaring trade in home deliveries.

Seems like some of that section of the public who've mocked and derided hobbies for so long have actually discovered what all of us already know:  hobbies are good for the soul.

Good on you - I'm delighted to hear you're so busy.

Pete T.

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold
On 24/05/2020 at 10:37, cctransuk said:

Finally, you can be assured that, if I produce something, it will be as near to 100% accurate as research allows - because I use the products myself and I'm VERY picky !

Having recently taken delivery of one of John's more complex offerings and can vouch that they match the prototype photos very well.

• Agree 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold
On 23/05/2020 at 20:27, deltic17 said:

On 23/05/2020 at 21:35, Enterprisingwestern said:

Unless somebody has used them on a model and is showing it somewhere then you won't.

Believe me, they are cock on.

Mike.

Now I have started on applying my transfers I am reminded of one other advantage of CCT. The time and effort John puts in doing research for us.

As an example, the sheet which covers the Cambrian kit for a D2109 mineral wagon actually has two wagonsworth of lettering, one for a pressed door example and one for a welded, and the correct wagon is specified on the instruction sheet.

Many other examples abound throughout the range, how many other manufacturers offer such a facility?

Mike.

• Agree 3

• 2 months later...
13 minutes ago, simoncramer said:

I'm glad to hear that you are back and keeping safe, but would it be too much to ask that you respond to the order I sent on 15th July and the £48 that I paid and the emails I have sent trying to chase my order up?

See : -

I received your payment, but NO e-mail communications from you whatsoever. I check my Junk mailbox daily - nothing has been misdirected to it.

Orders that I receive are acknowledged on receipt, and almost invariably turned round within 24 hours, as I am sure that my many customers here will verify.

If you would care to PM me with your order and delivery details, I will attend to your order in my usual fashion.

Please do not wait a month if a future order is not acknowledged - PM me here.

John Isherwood.