Exclusive OO Gauge Class 89 produced by Accurascale

Oliver Rails

10 minutes ago, MGR Hooper! said:

I shall self-upgrade to PROPHETESS.... I am Prophetess Hayley :D

A long time ago in a thread about what models Rails might bring us, I jokingly said maybe Rails will be the ones to finally bring us newly tooled Terriers, and look at the drama I've caused! :p

This project doesn't quite fit with my 1930s/40s Southern interests but good luck! =) 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Waverley West said:

Have registered my interest, but can't decide between InterCity Mainline and InterCity Swallow. Probably Swallow methinks. 

I am having the same dilemma. Normally I’m pretty good at knowing what I want but I’m really struggling with this decision. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Sir TophamHatt said:

And good on you!

I may be swayed by one of these, even though I'm not an electric guy.

Although please stop using a price of .99 - nobody is fooled by that marketing trick from the early 90s anymore :P

Do you mean the 1890s? 19s11d and three farthings.

• Agree 1
  • Funny 3

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, MGR Hooper! said:

I shall self-upgrade to PROPHETESS.... I am Prophetess Hayley :D

UPDATE #1

https://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/blogs/entry/23559-oo-gauge-british-railways-class-89/

LATEST UPDATE

https://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/blogs/entry/23606-oo-gauge-british-railways-class-89-part-vii/

As much as I am excited by this announcement, I shall have to decline. I've put a lot of work into my own CAD and since I can have it done at a cheaper price, I'll be saving quite a few bucks. Also quite recently we've seen many smaller manufacturers trying to raise the bar and the end result is all the bells and whistles but quite a few issues as well. I'll hold off until Accurascale released locos like the Class 55 and Class 92 before I place an order.

I'd love one in N gauge, since Accurascale and RevolutioN Trains have a good working relationship, I hope they partner up to bring us an N gauge Class 89.

Best of luck with the project!! I'm eagerly waiting for my Class 92 and maybe then a Class 89 from Accurascale.

Cheers!

I was going to mention your CAD but you got there first. Someone always suffers this way when a new rtr model is proposed. But at least you have an 18 month start.

You could also rescale.

What are you proposing to use to motorise: a 92 as well? 

• Like 1

Been thinking that this was going to be coming as the engine has been climbing quickly in polls and given many are now getting electrics, this was bound to fill the niche area for the subject.

Excellent timing too given that 89001 is on the come back trail. You might want to add a version for whatever its outshopped in soon as shes returning to mainline.

• Like 2
  • Agree 2

YES! But also NOOOOOOOOOOO!

After years of waiting and hoping I gave up and bought the kit, started a few weeks ago and now... a far better quality one is going to be produced :lol:

Great announcement and I will definitely be in for a GNER example. Ah well, 18 months to finish the kit now!

Al

• Like 1

Whilst I will reluctantly have to give this one a miss (can't stand the fugly brute and fortunately it only ran from KX in service, not the Premier Line) I have to say the price and specification are tremendous.  I hope it does well and leads to more coathanger adorned Accurascale models.  Good for Rails as well for taking the plunge although with the real loco getting some enthusiast press attention through the ongoing restoration probably a canny move.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, Joseph_Pestell said:

I was going to mention your CAD but you got there first. Someone always suffers this way when a new rtr model is proposed. But at least you have an 18 month start.

You could also rescale.

What are you proposing to use to motorise: a 92 as well? 

It is what it is..I'm not worried about it. I predicted this would happen.

I'm sure not many will want a kit now. I'm still doing it though. It will still be listed online as a kit. If anyone wants one, it's there. It's my first ever project of this scale. I'm not going to drop it. I've had lots of interest from kit builders all around who have said they're sticking with their order.

I might re-scale it to O gauge. I have a feeling Revolution might announce an N gauge one in their upcoming facebook live stream. I'm only going by the DEMU clue and the professional connection between Accurascale and Revolution

Twin powered motorised bogies from Locos n Stuff...We use them in our Indian Railway model kits and they're amazing. Plus being custom built, there's so many options for clients to choose from (number of motors, type of motors, DCC or DC wired, gauge etc.). All for about 80 quid tops. However the kit was designed such that it could be easily adapted to fit many mechanisms like a Lima or Hornby Class 92 etc.

Edited by MGR Hooper!
  • Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium

I built the Silver Fox one many years ago and it still looks pretty good (even if I do say so myself!), but having a Lima mechanism means it sounds like a bag of spanners... looking forward to buying one that runs and sounds as well as it looks!

• Like 1

When I spotted a friends FB post with this exciting news I actually checked it wasn’t April the 1st! :yahoo:

I’ve always hoped someone would do the class 89 RTR so this is an absolutely fantastic announcement from Rails and Accurascale. IC Swallow and GNER, neither fit layout plans but who cares.

All the best with this I hope it goes ahead.

thanks

Mark

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold

Fantastic...

i knew this was coming.. in the last month no less than 4 highly prized Silver Fox kits hit ebay so I wasimmediately suspicious...smoke theres fire.

excellant choice, i’m down for two potentially 3... this has to be one of the bigger untapped model railway prizes, and the real thing has another surprise yet to be revealed.

• Like 1

Someone quoted only about 3 weeks ago over in the 'Prototype for everything corner' thread that this is one loco that is sadly missing in RTR form!

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
36 minutes ago, Keith J said:

Someone quoted only about 3 weeks ago over in the 'Prototype for everything corner' thread that this is one loco that is sadly missing in RTR form!

that was me! 

as someone else mentioned a few pages back I wonder if they can add on a ‘current guise’ run in whatever livery it comes out in when it emerges from toton paintshop

The general consensus is it will be one of its original intercity liveries but obviously it will gave up to date ohle stickers, cantrail stripes etc 

• Like 1