Exclusive OO Gauge Class 89 produced by Accurascale

Oliver Rails

35 minutes ago, big jim said:

that was me! 

as someone else mentioned a few pages back I wonder if they can add on a ‘current guise’ run in whatever livery it comes out in when it emerges from toton paintshop

The general consensus is it will be one of its original intercity liveries but obviously it will gave up to date ohle stickers, cantrail stripes etc 

Judging by the number of variations within their announcements for class 37s, I Accurascale will produce it in every available livery.

• Agree 2

• RMweb Gold

Registered my interest and I’ve heard from a friend who still working on the railways, he is under the impression that it will emerge from the paint shop in IC Swallow livery.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, jools1959 said:

Registered my interest and I’ve heard from a friend who still working on the railways, he is under the impression that it will emerge from the paint shop in IC Swallow livery.

If that quote is true , that may give a clue as to to who is intending to use it, putting 2 and 2 together

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
4 minutes ago, Supaned said:

If that quote is true , that may give a clue as to to who is intending to use it, putting 2 and 2 together

He isn’t 100% sure but from what he’s been told by others in the know, this is the preferred scheme 

Edited by jools1959
Typo
  • Like 1

• RMweb Premium
3 hours ago, Chris116 said:

That looks like cream to me. Yellow is what is on the front of the 66 behind it!

It's near enough.

Don't get me started on shades of yellow.....

Edited by newbryford
  • Funny 9

7 hours ago, jools1959 said:

So Crewe bound for a new life with LSL!! 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, D1051 said:

IF that is undercoat my guess is Network rail.

I would not judge it too closely from its current colour. It was that colour when I saw it last summer at Barrow Hill so is not necessarily a new layer of undercoat.

Edited by Pete the Elaner
Forgot something important.
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Is this now the longest lived one off in service? It’s been on and off in service for 33 years now :) 

(not counting 86 as it was on test)

I’ve gone for the original Swallow :) 

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

I have one electric loco, the will fated DJM Electric. I really have little interest in electric locos I have no OHL on my layout and I run mainly China Clay trains. All that said I love iconic British locos and this is a real icon that will find a place in my collection and I my even fit OHL on my layout and, I think it is a wonderful loco. The prototype really needs some TLC and to be brought back to life.

• Like 1