Exclusive OO Gauge Class 89 produced by Accurascale

Oliver Rails

• RMweb Premium

Less than 10 days since RoS/Accurascale announcement, so early days yet, One hope there will be enough EOI for both N and OO to justify the model being made.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
7 hours ago, jools1959 said:

This thread seems to have gone quiet, I hope Rails are chalking up the response to see if it’s a viable project or not.

As above, very early days as yet........it’s one of the risks of announcing early on in the project.

And a risk I am happy they took :good_mini:

Also I guess the announcement was more a declaration of intent than a set in stone project as yet.

Edited by boxbrownie
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold

2 hours ago, boxbrownie said:

Also I guess the announcement was more a declaration of intent than a set in stone project as yet.

“On 19/05/2020 at 08:47, Oliver Rails said:

The plan is to approach this project slightly differently to usual. We are currently at the register your interest stage”

They said in the first post it’s only register to see if it’s viable ;) 

• RMweb Premium
7 minutes ago, PaulRhB said:

“On 19/05/2020 at 08:47, Oliver Rails said:

The plan is to approach this project slightly differently to usual. We are currently at the register your interest stage”

They said in the first post it’s only register to see if it’s viable ;) 

Exactly, which is why I registered my interest straight away :good_mini:

Although I don’t believe Companies the size and reputation of Rails and Accurascale would put the “intention” of a project like the 89 forward without at least a very good idea of the viability and probable demand.

Edited by boxbrownie
  • Agree 2

• RMweb Gold

The idea it is and actual viability are sometimes quite different though and they also know a fair percentage of expressions don’t turn into sales as people’s funds and interests change ;) 

Covid hitting a lot of peoples income isn’t going to help with what they’d probably have just gone ahead with 6 months ago. 
I’d prefer the Badger so that’s what I’ve put down but I’d go with the IC one as second choice. I didn’t want to skew expectations by picking both. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

I think Rails and Accurascale probably have a set limit on the amount of registered interest, say 500 of each livery and once that number is passed, then the chance of it going into production increases.  The problem that Rails have is converting those interested into actual sales.

• 2 weeks later...

Just done my EOI for Original IC. Came close to buying a kit  and sacrificing a Bachmannn 37 for this but there is no way I would be able to 

match the potential quality of this little beauty. 

Thank you Rails and Accurascale and good luck. :drink_mini:

Cheers Trailrage 

• RMweb Premium
5 hours ago, MGR Hooper! said:

I know this may not be RoS' approach, but it would be nice if they told us how far along the EOIs have come. I'm sure it will encourage many to put in another order or so if things seem to be working out.

Probably waiting for the Hornby announcement :lol:

• Funny 6

Interesting point there wos 2 kits of class 89 made back in the 90s one made in Grantham and 1 retailed in Doncaster I made the tooling and prototype model during Hornby hst and lots of plasticard   .and 58 chassis. It had rtr rubber mould taken from it cast in resin not to bad .

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium
33 minutes ago, classy52 said:

That looks fantastic...come on AS & Rails add this to your list please if it goes ahead.

Errrr - I thought it was already on the intended list? (Albeit the current version would have the more modern OLE flashes)

Mentioned in the OP.

Scroll down this page:

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSf5E3oHzS4SRlWqFg9rPgJyoArkOf2Yo6uz2hgK_0vWliUwPg/viewform

Edited by newbryford
  • Agree 1

18 minutes ago, newbryford said:

Errrr - I thought it was already on the intended list?

Mentioned in the OP.

Scroll down this page:

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSf5E3oHzS4SRlWqFg9rPgJyoArkOf2Yo6uz2hgK_0vWliUwPg/viewform

Yes but isn't that in original condition???

I would have thought today's preserved prototype would have differences to the as-built version which is advertised and my understanding was the preserved loco wasn't on the list yet but happily to be corrected if they are both exactly the same since leaving the factory to today.

Edited by classy52
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Premium
3 minutes ago, classy52 said:

Yes but isn't that in original condition???

I would have thought today's preserved prototype would have differences to the as-built version which is advertised and my understanding was the preserved loco wasn't on the list yet but happily to be corrected if they are both exactly the same since leaving the factory to today.

I don't think the OP specifies original condition - it just has livery as IC Swallow

Anyway - doing it as today's announcement would be a no-brainer

• Agree 4

11 minutes ago, newbryford said:

I don't think the OP specifies original condition - it just has livery as IC Swallow

Anyway - doing it as today's announcement would be a no-brainer

I'm sure AS/Rails or someone else can confirm but absolutely a no-brainer to do today's preserved prototype, I'll be definitely getting one if the project goes ahead.

• Like 1