What power source can I use to test Seep point motor?

NittenDormer

• RMweb Premium

Perhaps you have an old power pack hanging around from a bit of electronics ngear, like an old modem?

It won't matter whether AC or DC for a quick test.

Anything between 12 and 18 volts and 1 Amp or 12va will do (check the label on the plug pack).

A common fault is that a wire is broken on the printed circuit board & just needs resoldering. The solder pads you want to apply to are the 2 end ones and the 2nd one in from one end. It should be apparent, as to which end. Sorry can't remember the numbers.

I am an idiot. I couldn't find any useful old power packs, but I realised I do have a Hornby train set controller, which has '19v DC' on the track output.  Wire this into a power track, hold one wire to one rail and momentarily brush the other wire to the other rail, bob's your uncle. They work, so now I can whack them under the baseboard and wire into place. And even test again. 

• Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
4 hours ago, NittenDormer said:

I am an idiot. I couldn't find any useful old power packs, but I realised I do have a Hornby train set controller, which has '19v DC' on the track output.  Wire this into a power track, hold one wire to one rail and momentarily brush the other wire to the other rail, bob's your uncle. They work, so now I can whack them under the baseboard and wire into place. And even test again. 

You have just made me feel ten times better; I was beginning to think I was the only one who overlooked things like that. :)

• Like 1