Jerky slow running?

GeoffW

Hi all, can anyone help me outhere I have a couple of O gauge locos whos running is great except at low speeds I seem to vaguely remember it is something to do with a CV setting but which one and how much to charge ?

G

• RMweb Premium

Usually CV 54 and 55 which are the load control parameters. Range of values depend on the decoder manufacturer, need to look up their CV table first. Read what is there and change by about 5 and then fine tune. If the decoders are Lais I would caution against changing them as I had an issue, there seems to be a software glitch that others have encountered as well in that these CV's can mess up the acceleration curves.

10 hours ago, JimFin said:

Usually CV 54 and 55 which are the load control parameters. . Range of values depend on the decoder manufacturer,

Which manufacturers?

Those are manufacturer unique CVs and can have very different functions. Nothing to do with load control in Zimo decoders, for example/

• Agree 1

• RMweb Premium
38 minutes ago, Crosland said:

Which manufacturers?

Those are manufacturer unique CVs and can have very different functions. Nothing to do with load control in Zimo decoders, for example/

Agree - thats why you  need to be looked up. Valid for ESU, TCS, LAIS