SCAM EBAY BUYER??? "trainbay"

simon b

Great result, Simon. At least eBay did the right thing once they got the full facts.

Love your eBay ID, by the way :D

And what a pity your feedback will be taken down - but you have screenshotted it for posterity :)  I wonder if eBay will now take action against him?

Mark

Edited by MarkC
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, hayfield said:

Is his account still live?

Still active, they said that all feedback ect related to this would be deleted but I doubt anything more.

On the upside though if he's still using that account, you can all block him easily.

• RMweb Premium
21 hours ago, simon b said:

Your second screenshot shows your email address - you might want to lose that.....

edit:  Now done :)

The problem with Ebay is that by removing feedback they hide what has happened to other sellers (and buyers).  So he could still appear with 100% feedback (does he - I'm not sure how to search by seller, especially if they have nothing listed for sale at present).  Does he sell as well as buy?

Presumably if he supplies a valid tracking number then ebay could reverse the decision again?

Beware of unexpected parcels turning up - video anything suspicious when being unpacked - he could send a pile of gravel purely to demonstrate to ebay that he's "sent it back to the seller's address, and here's the tracking data...."

Edited by polybear
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, simon b said:

My-hermes are considered to be one of the worst carriers there is, I've never yet had a problem with DPD. Hopefully you get hold of someone that can resolve your issue.

I've just had an issue with a major high street retailer who use Hermes. Unfortunately I managed to add the wrong post code (even though their site uses postcode lookup for the address :o ). Yes, it was my fault, but the ensduing support level is the issue here. Hermes's chat bot is useless and their phone system would literally not take "no" for an answer when trying to get through their voice recognition system. Hermes are unable to redirect the parcel, according to the retailer. Eventually, after initially being refused, I got a refund from the retailer by threatening a credit card payment dispute and invoking the distance selling regulations.

Avoid Hermes if at all possible.

• Agree 4
  • Friendly/supportive 1

6 minutes ago, Crosland said:

I've just had an issue with a major high street retailer who use Hermes. Unfortunately I managed to add the wrong post code (even though their site uses postcode lookup for the address :o ). Yes, it was my fault, but the ensduing support level is the issue here. Hermes's chat bot is useless and their phone system would literally not take "no" for an answer when trying to get through their voice recognition system. Hermes are unable to redirect the parcel, according to the retailer. Eventually, after initially being refused, I got a refund from the retailer by threatening a credit card payment dispute and invoking the distance selling regulations.

I would have said the same until quite recently after an outrageous incident where a whole vanload was dumped in a nearby field.

The current one is friendly helpful and has some pride in her work 

• RMweb Gold
36 minutes ago, Crosland said:

As much as I have berated Hermes in the past, one of the local couriers who delivers to my work takes the time to post on the local facebook group if there are any delays, or if he is having trouble with an address. The other local courier however is a disgrace and I have had to complain several times.

The current one who delivers to home is OK however she did take the trouble to check if an item to me with an incorrect address was for me - somehow the sender managed to mix part of my work and home address up - it was supposed to go to work but had my home postcode so it ended up with her. She recognised the name though - and even made me prove it was for me rather than just hand it over.

So at the moment they are generally in my good books but that's only due to two good couriers. In general they still suck big time.

• Agree 2

• RMweb Gold
8 hours ago, polybear said:

Your second screenshot shows your email address - you might want to lose that.....

Well spotted, I missed that when shuffling the screenshots around.  I can still see it in your quote for some reason though?

Edited by simon b

• RMweb Premium
9 minutes ago, simon b said:

Well spotted, I missed that when shuffling the screenshots around.  I can still see it in your quote for some reason though?

Now done :)

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Bucoops said:

As much as I have berated Hermes in the past, one of the local couriers who delivers to my work takes the time to post on the local facebook group if there are any delays, or if he is having trouble with an address. The other local courier however is a disgrace and I have had to complain several times.

The current one who delivers to home is OK however she did take the trouble to check if an item to me with an incorrect address was for me - somehow the sender managed to mix part of my work and home address up - it was supposed to go to work but had my home postcode so it ended up with her. She recognised the name though - and even made me prove it was for me rather than just hand it over.

So at the moment they are generally in my good books but that's only due to two good couriers. In general they still suck big time.

Hermes is far better now and they have a superb courier covering my area. Like any company they are as good as their weakest link

After a lot of trouble I managed to get a phone number and spoke with someone senior, they guard their hub phone numbers very closely for obvious reasons 

• RMweb Gold
21 hours ago, MarkC said:

Great result, Simon. At least eBay did the right thing once they got the full facts.

Love your eBay ID, by the way :D

And what a pity your feedback will be taken down - but you have screenshotted it for posterity :)  I wonder if eBay will now take action against him?

Mark

So interestingly Ebay have removed the negative feedback that he left for me, but my "positive" feedback is still showing on his account.

My user ID does generate a few laughs. 

• Like 3

I used to work with a chap who had been banned from eBay several times, no idea why other than he sold car parts. Nice chap to work with but obviously had a different side when it came to trading on eBay. He never had any issues taking out new accounts (that's what he bragged about) 

Everybody has to be a new member, but when a situation like this arises so quickly one wonders if they have been a member under a different account name(s).

I would imagine that eBay will have a marker on the account and will act if appropriate. Thankfully no one has lost out in this case, just wasted a lot of time  

Guest Half-full
17 hours ago, hayfield said:

Hermes is far better now and they have a superb courier covering my area. Like any company they are as good as their weakest link

After a lot of trouble I managed to get a phone number and spoke with someone senior, they guard their hub phone numbers very closely for obvious reasons 

Thats it exactly, as good as their weakest link - unfortunately Hermes seem to have a higher proportion of weakest links!  Anne Robinson would have a field day.

1 hour ago, Half-full said:

Thats it exactly, as good as their weakest link - unfortunately Hermes seem to have a higher proportion of weakest links!  Anne Robinson would have a field day.

No weakest links round here! Our Hermes lady is as reliable and efficient as one could wish - certainly way better than most of the other couriers.

It all comes down the the person responsible for recruitment; if they are committed to customer service, the chances are that you'll get a reliable agent. If the recruiter is just concerned with fulfilling his / her quota, you could well get a wrong 'un.

John Isherwood.

11 minutes ago, cctransuk said:

No weakest links round here! Our Hermes lady is as reliable and efficient as one could wish - certainly way better than most of the other couriers.

Saying the local agent is superb completely misses the point.

Would you happily use them to send via an unknown, possibly weak, link in the chain? If so, good luck :)

• Agree 2

Aren't we somewhat getting away from the point of the OP.

The issue in this case related to a fake tracking number (which the buyer claimed was for Hermes) provided to Ebay by the buyer in order to obtain a refund for goods that had not been returned.

As others have now gone into Hermes are rubbish mode it rather detracts from the warning the OP was giving about a specific buyer and also as a warning to check and challenge Ebay support because they may just take a buyer at their word.

• Agree 1

14 minutes ago, Crosland said:

Saying the local agent is superb completely misses the point.

Would you happily use them to send via an unknown, possibly weak, link in the chain? If so, good luck :)

Can you name any courier whom you can be confident has no weak links in their chain?

John Isherwood.

• Agree 1

39 minutes ago, cctransuk said:

Can you name any courier whom you can be confident has no weak links in their chain?

Based on experience of 1000's of parcels sent, I always use Royal Mail, even if they are more expensive :)

I can count the losses/problems on the fingers of one hand. 

Edited by Crosland
  • Like 1
  • Agree 4

38 minutes ago, Crosland said:

Based on experience of 1000's of parcels sent, I always use Royal Mail, even if they are more expensive :)

Me too - but I have had no problems with stuff delivered to me by Hermes.

John Isherwood.

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, Crosland said:

Substitute USPS for me, I have only had one problem with them in many years of usage; my preferred carrier.

• Like 1