Is Alan Gibson still trading?

I've not been able to access their website for many weeks. I'm looking out for some 19.5mm/20.0mm boxpoke wheels and 16.5mm/17.0mm spoked wheels (18-20 spokes) for steam locomotives.

Seems to be working for me. Although you've still got to phone orders through I think for credit card, or send a cheque...

Still cannot access the website. Thankfully I have the product codes for what I want. I shall have to ask someone in the UK to buy it on my behalf.

Sounds like a browser issue, suggest deleting all cookies and if not trying a different browser.

• Thanks 1

I received an order about a week ago, I think like a lot of traders there are longer times between placing an order and receive it

Quite often I cannot access the website via my iPhone, think I have to go via Google

Has anyone been having trouble with them recently? Asking on behalf of some acquaintances on Twitter who can't seem to get an order through. There is a bit about Covid difficulties on the site but that update was on the 15th of August and it seems like they are still trading at the moment, just struggling with demand.

Regards

Steve

I have been waiting for 2 weeks for a order to arrive. Normally takes a couple of days, patience at the moment I am afraid .

• Like 1

Thanks for the speedy reply. Their issue is more not being able to get a response, possibly as they live in America. Did you order by phone or via letter+cheque etc?

Letter & cheque from the UK. I will update on here, when the order is recieved.

• Like 1

I exchanged emails with him a couple of weeks ago, their problem was clearing the backlog of trade orders and the sheer magnitude of individual orders and essentially being low on stock.

As I was trying to place a large order, I was advised to hold off or else have a month or so wait for any delivery

so they are trading and fulfilling orders but you just need patience (as with most small suppliers at the moment)

• Informative/Useful 2

As in anything it depends on whether your order can be processed off the shelves or if they need to produce items.

I generally find Colins service to be superb. Sometimes I've had to wait, but generally I receive my orders within days.

I placed an order on Thursday aftetnoon, it artived this morning.

Just now, Denbridge said:

As in anything it depends on whether your order can be processed off the shelves or if they need to produce items.

I generally find Colins service to be superb. Sometimes I've had to wait, but generally I receive my orders within days.

I placed an order on Thursday afternoon, it arrived this morning.

I ordered in June by email and followed it up with a call (I had to leave a message) to give card details. Stuff arrived promptly enough, no complaints from me.