Model Shops Opening 15th June 2020??

On 24/05/2020 at 19:28, idd15 said:

Happy day today as I was able to visit my local model shop. They’re located in a garden centre so I guess this is how they been allowed to open. Only one customer in the shop at any one time, sanitise hands on way in, and allowed ten minutes for buying and chatting! :D

Made an essential purchase to keep me going slicing through acres of greyboard for my Scalescenes boxfile, and of course essential to support my local shop!  :good_mini:

idd

If you don’t mind me asking which shop is it? Only one I know in a garden centre is in Cheshire. 

6 minutes ago, ianmacc said:

If you don’t mind me asking which shop is it? Only one I know in a garden centre is in Cheshire. 

Could be trident trains but last time I spoke to the chap who runs the shop ( at least a month ago ) he wasn't doing collections.

1 minute ago, meatloaf said:

Could be trident trains but last time I spoke to the chap who runs the shop ( at least a month ago ) he wasn't doing collections.

That’s a craft centre but yes that occurred to me. I was thinking the one in Poynton near Macclesfield in Cheshire. I used to go there a lot when I lived there. SMTF lol it came to me while typing!!

• Like 1

My local model shop, Buoys Toys & Models of Cromer Norfolk have released the following statement (no connection with shop other than a satisfied customer)

1 June at 06:36 · 

As you may be aware we are permitted to reopen from Monday 15th June. For this to happen a number of changes need to be made to the shop to make it safe for everyone. With this in mind we are working towards reopening on Tuesday 16th June. At this stage it's not possible to give a 100% assurance of this reopening date, so please look out for future updates.

Obviously it's going to be a slightly different shopping experience, but our aim is to make it as enjoyable as possible.

I'm looking forward to catching up with you all and thank you for your continued support.

KMRC Guildford also reopening in full 'shop' mode on Monday (lucky us); Camborne reopening for click and collect.

http://www.kernowmodelrailcentre.com/pg/171/COVID19

It might also be of interest for anyone in the South who uses them, that Pullingers art shops are also reopening on Monday or Tuesday, depending on branch.

Who could have imagined that the prospect of a basic trip to the shops would ever seem so liberating. :smile_mini:

Adam

Gaugemaster in Ford, near Arundel, say they are opening on 15/06.

I should mention I have no connection other than buying stuff there.

Edited by Derekl
No connection
  • Informative/Useful 2

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, meatloaf said:

Just seen on facebook that rails are opening for click and collect orders from monday

Please see https://railsofsheffield.com/news/articles/3441-store-to-reopen-monday-15th-june?utm_source=Mailing+List&utm_campaign=6ae9ba4e61-EMAIL_CAMPAIGN_2020_06_11_01_32&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_74d01bc2ed-6ae9ba4e61-5529793

If we do post any information about retailers can we please supply a link to the information which gives further details on how they will be operating.

• Agree 2

C&M Models in Carlisle will be re-opening on June 15th.

We ask that visitors read a notice just inside our front door before they enter.

At the top of the stairs into the shop, a sign will give permission to "Please Enter", or "Please Wait". If you are asked to wait, we request you shout up the stairs so we know you are there. 

Once inside the shop, we will have some further things to tell you.

We are allowing 2 people/small family groups in the shop at any one time. Card is preferred, but cash will be accepted.

Any updates will be posted at https://candmmodels.co.uk/ 

• Like 5

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, Martync said:

Alton Model Centre opening Monday 15th June!!  Three cheers!!

As previously requested please provide a link with further information.

If users just post as above customers may turn up and find certain restrictions in place. At least if a link to information is provided and they turn up when closed or without any PPE requested it's their own fault if they end up disappointed.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Premium

On the issue of cash handling, our village hardware store has been accepting cash payments (no card facilities). One person in/out. You put your money in a small tub with concentrated detergent liquid in it, any change handed back in another tub. He’s a bit bored with money laundering jokes, but he’s been doing really well through lockdown. Not an ideal solution but it’s worked well enough and is simple and practical.

• Like 3

Wicor Models' shop will be open for business on Wednesday 17th June at 10.00.  We will be operating a maximum of two people in the shop at any time with waiting outside under the canopy.  We have placed a table 2 metres from the door and anyone arriving for Click & Collect orders will be able to pick up their bag of goodies from the table without having to go inside.  Likewise we will have someone on the door who can pick an order and take payment even if there are already 2 customers in store.  Contactless card payment is preferred but we will take cash.  Other details such as our new opening hours are on the website at https://www.wicormodels.com

• RMweb Gold

Yes I gather from Paul at Alton Model Centre that he will be opening this Monday and full details can be found on his website - https://www.altonmodelcentre.co.uk. When I spoke to him this morning he was busy unpacking all the stock he has ordered recently so that the shop will be offering its usual extensive range of items next week. He will have a bell on the door so that he can control the number of people in the shop and there will be hand sanitiser and a one way system for customers. Its great news, I'm only sorry that now that I'm living in East Devon I will not be able to drop in, good job he does telephone orders. There appear to be some very nice new models arriving from the manufacturers in the near future so hopefully the modelling community will respond positively to the reopening of real model shops.

all the best

Godfrey

Sorry Martync you pipped me to the post!

Edited by Godfrey Glyn

• RMweb Gold

Anyone who has visited our store will know how small the individual rooms are and with the staff in them, social distancing would make it incredibly difficult to function...

Therefore we are opening an "Argos style" counter on Thursday, Friday and Saturday's only from next Thursday (the 18th) with a view to building the hours back up to regular opening hours as things return to 'normality'. 

We look forward to seeing you soon!

• Like 4

• Moderators

An update from Kernow MRC on both stores:

UPDATED  - 12TH JUNE 2020 at 1400

We have been closely following the latest updates on the COVID-19 situation. Following the recent updated advice from the UK Government, on the 25th May, we have looked at the requirements in detail.

The team are excited to welcome you all back from Monday! Opening hours for both shops will be Monday to Saturday 0930 - 1700 and Sundays 1000 – 1600.

Guildford is opening to customers. Please follow the 2 metre social distancing guidelines inside, and outside if waiting to enter, the shop. There is a maximum number of 2 customers in the shop at any one time. You can also place an order through our website or via phone to collect from the Guildford shop. Make sure you make it clear, using the 'Special Instructions' box at the time of ordering, that you are wanting to collect your order from the Guildford shop if ordering through the website.  We regret that it will not be possible to allow general store browsing and we may have to impose a 10 minute time limit during busy periods. 

GFdoor.jpg

GFmasks.jpg

Camborne is operating a 'Click & Collect' or 'Phone & Collect' service from a designated collection point. It is located to the left of the shop (if standing facing the front of the shop). Please look for the signage! If placing your order for 'Click & Collect' on our website, for either shops, please make it clear that your order is for collection using the 'Special Instructions' box. Make sure you say if it is for the Camborne or Guildford shop! Any postage charges will be refunded at the time of collection. Please remember to bring the payment card used to place your order with you when making the collection. You can also make a phone and collect order by calling us on 01209 714099.

Cambornedoor.jpg

Cambornecollection.jpg

Cambornegreg.jpg

Camborneshelf.jpg

This method of working has been decided because there is insufficient space to follow the social distancing guidelines in the Camborne shop, whereas the Guildford shop has plenty of space for social distancing.  The arrangements will be kept under constant review and may be amended if circumstances change or in the light of experience gained.

Customers are still able to purchase from us via our website and through phone orders. We are still getting regular deliveries of stock and will continue to despatch orders as quickly as possible.

Please note that Bachmann, Dapol, Gaugemaster, Heljan and Hornby are continuing to operate as normal, albeit with delays. PECO resumed deliveries in early May but, as expected, have a huge backlog. Metcalfe temporarily closed, but are working towards resuming production in late June/early July, ready to start sending orders out by late August. If we don't have the Metcalfe item in stock when you place an order then we will not be able to send it until they re-open.   

At present, as with all post/deliveries, it is unfortunately very normal for orders to take longer in the post. We cannot do anything about this. Please be patient with us and the postal system.  If your order is urgent then please use the Next Working Day option!

For answers to frequently asked questions about orders please click here.

The KMRC team thank you all for your continued loyalty and support. It is very much appreciated at this challenging time.

• Like 8