Model Shops Opening 15th June 2020??

1 hour ago, decauville1126 said:

Shame, but understandable. I had planned a restocking trip tomorrow to include Gaugemaster but everyone must err on the side of caution in these times.

Please check that Gaugemaster have your items in stock before visiting.

Hi 

As Phatbob has kindly mentioned, Grimy Times is reopening for shop customers tomorrow 16th June at 10am

Our shop hours will be our normal hours ie- 10am - 5pm Tuesday to Saturday inclusive , closed Sunday and Monday.

To comply with social distancing we can only have 2 customers in store at any one time or one family group.

We are asking all customers without exception to use the available hand sanitiser upon entry and will be accepting contactless and usual card payments as well as cash.

We look forward to seeing all our customers both old and new .

Best wishes Steve

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, GlenPudzeoch said:

Great to see that model shops are opening, but is this throughout the Uk or just in England?  I dont recall hearing about shops in Scotland opening.  Perhaps the title could be reworded.

So far just NI and England--not that we have many model shops in NI unfortunately :-(

all the best,

Keith

• RMweb Gold
On 12/06/2020 at 12:42, Martync said:

Sorry - link to website here https://www.altonmodelcentre.co.uk/index.php

Just to point out, the shop is open Monday 15th June, but thereafter returns to the normal closed on Mondays.

Martyn

Popped in earlier, only me and another couple in so enough space to move around. There is a doorbell entry, hand sanitiser and one way system in place so it's a slightly strange experience but it was good to be able to get out and visit the shop again. 

Tom. 

• Like 2

Our update is here:  http://www.trains4u.com/pg/44/Covid-19

It's a pain, but we are currently unable to open fully as the protective equipment we need is delayed.  We are hoping to open fully this weekend (Saturday 20th)  However, we will have a counter open from 10-4 Tuesday to Saturday, starting tomorrow (16th)

Edited by Trains4U
  • Friendly/supportive 2

10 hours ago, GlenPudzeoch said:

Great to see that model shops are opening, but is this throughout the Uk or just in England?  I dont recall hearing about shops in Scotland opening.  Perhaps the title could be reworded.

England from 15th June. Scotland and Wales, varying estimates from July thru' September, due to their local regimes.

• RMweb Premium

TOPP TRAINS Marston Road Stafford reopened today Monday 15th June 2020

I suggest a phone call to Mike or Steve on 01785-247883 to check on opening times and the new procedures required.

Stay Safe & Keep your local Model Shop open

Terry 

• Moderators
21 minutes ago, ELTEL said:

I suggest a phone call to Mike or Steve on 01785-247883 to check on opening times and the new procedures required.

Mike's said they may have to work an appointment system. Or was he just telling me that to keep me out? :biggrin_mini2:

• Funny 3
  • Friendly/supportive 1

Steve and Martin have re-opened Model Railway Solutions (shop and baseboard production) at 

Poole from last Monday 15th June, albeit with reduced opening hours of 10am to 4pm Mon to

Fri. and 9.30 to 12 Saturday. Fortunately 2 doors allows for safe progress through the shop for

customers via a one way system, please contact via their website for further details and

stock availability.

Chris Knight

Going Loco - link as per previous post is now open.  Called in and spent some well earned money there yesterday.  Site no longer has shut on it.

They are having a 5 customers in the shop at one time.

Probably old news now, but someone above mentioned shops outside of England.

Lord and Butler of Cardiff have re-opened as from Monday 22nd June. For the time being the hours are 10.00am to 4.00pm (Mon to Sat) to allow cleansing and re-stocking. Social distancing is in place and there is a 'one-way' system in force. Hand sanitiser station on entry and face masks are obligatory (you can buy one at the shop if you've forgotten yours - it'll cost you an English pound though :D). Regrettably, for the time being, stock is behind screens or in glass cabinets.

Notwithstanding, a warm welcome awaits you all.

And as AY Mod asked nicely, here's a link: https://lordandbutler.com/

Cheers,

Philip (his older brother).

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Ian Allan Book and Model Shop in Lower Marsh by Waterloo station reopened on 7 July. Hours are 09:00-16:00 Monday to Saturday. Maximum 10 people in the store at one time. It was well stocked when I visited yesterday.