Bachmann Class 37 - Help and advice required

Krieghoff

Hi All.

I'm wondering if anyone can help me here please. I have two Bachmann class 37's. One is the original club loco 'Ben Cruachan' that was my first ever club loco that I purchased. Unfortunately one of the oval buffers has broken and the oval buffer with the shaft and spring has gone !. Can anyone please point me in the right direction for a spare or spares please. I would appreciate this as the loco is in mint condition and my handling of it has caused this problem.

Secondly

I have another Bachmann locomotive 32-385 Intercity Livery, that has an interior cab LED that has failed. This is one of the earlier locos that had the LED surface mounted to the roof by push fit. I think later ones were screwed into the roof which would make replacing mush easier. My question to this one is................is there anywhere where I can send this loco to have another LED cab light fitted as per original or a replacement LED

Many thanks for your advice is appreciated.

Edited by Krieghoff

• RMweb Gold

Evening! Its frustrating when issues like this spoil your models isnt it.

So for buffers.... how about https://railsofsheffield.com/products/14855/Bachmann-36-031-oo-gauge-oval-head-sprung-buffers-x8-?gclid=CjwKCAjwtqj2BRBYEiwAqfzurytKTU0D-exX5sMNnSL7AHaDFvsYd93x0BdAxMgJwkXsQ_rE7GZnLBoCBUcQAvD_BwE

As for the LED - how about a photo so we can see if anyone has a spare lurking? I might have....

Cheers

1 hour ago, Phil Bullock said:

Evening! Its frustrating when issues like this spoil your models isnt it.

So for buffers.... how about https://railsofsheffield.com/products/14855/Bachmann-36-031-oo-gauge-oval-head-sprung-buffers-x8-?gclid=CjwKCAjwtqj2BRBYEiwAqfzurytKTU0D-exX5sMNnSL7AHaDFvsYd93x0BdAxMgJwkXsQ_rE7GZnLBoCBUcQAvD_BwE

As for the LED - how about a photo so we can see if anyone has a spare lurking? I might have....

Cheers

Hi Phil.

No good photo but hopefully shows the LED. This has a hole in the PCB to push onto the roof and the metal contacts do come away from the bulkhead.

led_pics_002.JPG

led_pics_004.JPG

Edited by Krieghoff

Hi Phil

I am indeed. Ive spent that much time over the last few days because im stripping my locos down and servicing them all. Its taken me three days and ive got two Hornby class 31's that ive found have Mazak Rot. Im absolutely gutted to be honest.

Ive tried to do some research on the Surface Mounted LED's Phil.

Id appreciate that very much and of course if you have one or two spare id be more then happy to pay for them and the postage as well. Plus a drink for your time.

michaelhudson07@btinternet.com

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Ok will have a look today....drop me a PM with your address

The most common cause of a lack of illumination is those cranky pick ups mind.....