Chandwell - N Gauge 1990s city viaduct

Chandwell

• RMweb Gold

Hi Michael,

Interesting - have never noticed problems with the ink blurring, though I have usually been printing fairly bog standard brickwork, and nothing too ornate...

One additional step I take is, once the print has dried, to give a quick spray with Krylon Krystal Clear or a similar matt artists' varnish - this is intended to give a degree of UV protection.

And the river is looking fabulous!

cheers

Ben A.

Edited by Ben A
  • Agree 1

14 hours ago, montyburns56 said:

Wow, that weir is amazing, although I do feel like it's missing a shopping trolley.

Ha ha! Thank you so much! I tried to find an N scale trolley, but didn't manage it. I did, however, order bikes, traffic cones, oil drums, and tyres from PD Marsh, but they've not arrived yet. I don't want to overdo it, but there definitely needs to be some rubbish in there! :)

• Like 2

18 hours ago, millerhillboy said:

Looks great and I enjoyed the video as well. I like when things don't quite go to plan, like the rocks in the river, and the point activation rod going through the pavement and you just wing it and it always works out perfectly for you!!

Much of the layout has been built based around mistakes! :)

1 hour ago, Chandwell said:

Ha ha! Thank you so much! I tried to find an N scale trolley, 

Gold Medal Models do etched shopping trolleys in N/2mm, or as they call them grocery store shopping carts. Snag is they come from the USA but it is possible to order from them, especially as I managed it.

• Thanks 1

Thank you so much to everyone who has commented, your comments are really encouraging. That's it for Chandwell this year, but I will be back in January all being well. I am just about to start a scratch-build of a Yorkshire stone and brick pub based on The New Beehive in Bradford to go between the weir and the viaduct. I have some grand ideas on how to make it look great. Let's see how it goes!

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

The Weir pub is coming on. The white rectangle will be a billboard ad. It is surprisingly hard to find billboard ads from the 1990s online. I was thinking of a cigarette ad or one for John Smiths/Boddingtons/Castlemine XXXX /Holstein Pills. But I am struggling to find much. I have a good one for Felix Cat food which does kind of fit the Chandwell naffness quite well. If you have any suggestions, please let me know. 

I hope Christmas was good for everyone and that 2021 is better for us all. 
7A1B1F00-3F49-46F0-978D-2AC98A8E4F89.jpeg.0bccebff6971e68faf8d0d990e321e8a.jpeg

• Like 5

• RMweb Premium

Looks good.

I have three billboard photos taken many years ago....maybe useful.

https://andygibbs.zenfolio.com/p726940309/h3a7e494d#h3a7e494d

https://andygibbs.zenfolio.com/p726940309/h2d99ca21#h2d99ca21

https://andygibbs.zenfolio.com/p726940309/h33ba14af#h33ba14af

Otherwise 48 sheet billboard or poster in Google with a year brings up some examples.