RevolutioN Trains announce "Caroline" Inspection Car in OO gauge and EOI for one in N gauge

MGR Hooper!

There's plenty of evidence of all 4 AS (main interest as I don't anticipate buying more Bachmann ones if the AS one is as good as it looks) DRS 37/4s running with it but 409 is the only one I can see in current livery running with it.

Just for interest that's an interesting one too below. 68004, 37422, 37425

68004 / 37422 / Caroline / 37425

Edited by TomScrut
  • Like 2

51 minutes ago, Eddie R v2.0 said:

37423 would be the one that I would choose for it- both times I have seen Caroline, it was with 423.  All too modern for me but if I did model the current scene, it would be on the shopping list. 

A few years ago, she spent a lot of time with 423. I think it was mentioned that 423 was having low power issues or something along them lines. Couldn’t be trusted with anything taxing. Utilising 423 with Caroline was perfect while they could diagnose the fault.
Anyway, we’ll done RevolutioN. I hope you do very well with her. 

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium
21 minutes ago, 66738 said:

A few years ago, she spent a lot of time with 423. I think it was mentioned that 423 was having low power issues or something along them lines. Couldn’t be trusted with anything taxing. Utilising 423 with Caroline was perfect while they could diagnose the fault.
Anyway, we’ll done RevolutioN. I hope you do very well with her. 

37423 can easily be found in three liveries with Caroline. (The low power issue must have taken some finding!)

Compass, plain blue and then the newer faded DRS. But they all seem to be with the Opal green, not the current SR green.

Can't find any of it in the "simple" DRS that 423 currently wears with 975025.

If you haven't got a DRS 37/4 - then use a 57/3 and 37/6

37604 tnt 57303 work 5Z02 RTC - York Sdg passing Derby with 975025

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, newbryford said:

37423 can easily be found in three liveries with Caroline. (The low power issue must have taken some finding!)

Compass, plain blue and then the newer faded DRS. But they all seem to be with the Opal green, not the current SR green.

Can't find any of it in the "simple" DRS that 423 currently wears with 975025.

If you haven't got a DRS 37/4 - then use a 57/3 and 37/6

37604 tnt 57303 work 5Z02 RTC - York Sdg passing Derby with 975025

Yes, it was a good few years back, so she probably would have been in the opal green. 
But their partnership did seem to last a long time. Could it possibly take that long to identify fault and put right? Maybe yes. We have had units in the past with intermittent faults, and it’s these type of issues that can be a real pig to sort out. Repair book full of reports about intermittent fault. Fitters comments : NFF or No Fault Found. A rider is eventually sent to ride with you all day, and Murphy’s law, the set is as good as gold. Fitter shrugs shoulders and can’t fault it. The next day, when there is no rider, the unit could be an absolute nightmare, throwing fault up repeatedly. It feels fantastic when the unit does play ball, throws the fault up, the fitter sees what’s happening and has a good idea what could be causing it. Hurrah!

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

7 hours ago, newbryford said:

37423 can easily be found in three liveries with Caroline

According to my DRS book it was painted plain blue (from Compass) in April 2014, and then into fade in May 2014.

Looks like it's the only 37/4 to have had 4 DRS liveries too.

• Like 1

BR Blue [& grey] one ordered just now - what a wonderful surprise - thank you RevolutioN!

No doubt it will spend a high proportion of it's time on my RTC based depot with lots of choice/competition for motive power!

May even think about 73142 at some point.

29.7.81 will remain in my memory as a day (as a child) I played the part of HRH Prince Charles in our street party and, was also the month I took my interest in trains to new heights and started train spotting, so although never thought of this until now it is the perfect excuse splash out and on 'Caroline'!

Nothing like justifying a purchase to oneself to make you feel better! :yes:

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Blue & Grey one is right in my time period, so I think the wallet will have to be coming out......

• RMweb Gold
18 hours ago, russ p said:

What is the tour,  can't  imagine they would open it to the public as numbers are strictly limited on it so would be very expensive for a ticket and doesn't have CDL etc

Hello there,

As you’ll see from our website, the tour is free to those attending.   All you need to fund is transport to and from Derby.  However, as you rightly identify the numbers allowed on board are small.

So everyone who orders Caroline before August 31st - unless they opt out - will just be entered into a draw for places.

cheers

Ben A.

• Thanks 1

As long as an N Gauge one isn't going to be more than the OO I can stretch to one of these and an cl89. I wonder what the ride would have been if the 89 had been on it!

Given that there is will be a Hastings body shell how about a full set without the bells and whistles, deffo consider a set as preserved,

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Bomag said:

As long as an N Gauge one isn't going to be more than the OO I can stretch to one of these and an cl89. I wonder what the ride would have been if the 89 had been on it!

Given that there is will be a Hastings body shell how about a full set without the bells and whistles, deffo consider a set as preserved,

I think I briefly saw the N Gauge price as being 125 for n gauge estimated on the N Gauge sign up page. 

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, Ben A said:

Hello there,

As you’ll see from our website, the tour is free to those attending.   All you need to fund is transport to and from Derby.  However, as you rightly identify the numbers allowed on board are small.

So everyone who orders Caroline before August 31st - unless they opt out - will just be entered into a draw for places.

cheers

Ben A.

Thanks Ben , unfortunately Caroline fall outside of my East Anglian 1960s layout unfortunately. 

In normal years I am a regular driver on it in East Anglia and the east Midlands 

Cheers 

Russ

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, Bomag said:

The expressions of interest preamble says that we expect the price to be in the region of £125-150 ie the same ballpark as the OO gauge version.  The critical number in N gauge will be the number of people interested in a model - that is largely what drives the price!

Sorry - no plans to do a full Hastings unit.  Caroline was originally from a 6B set which is a lot more tooling to get to a full set!

Cheers Mike

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

I’ve just been on Revolution Trains webpage and I can’t seem to find a link to either register interest or pre-order as I’d love to order the current version.

3 minutes ago, jools1959 said:

I’ve just been on Revolution Trains webpage and I can’t seem to find a link to either register interest or pre-order as I’d love to order the current version.

OO or N? N it's in the drop down menu at the top. OO it's in the shop section

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
Just now, TomScrut said:

OO or N? N it's in the drop down menu at the top. OO it's in the shop section

In OO for me.  I’ll have another look now

6 minutes ago, jools1959 said:

A direct link to the page to order the 00 version

https://www.revolutiontrains.com/product/caroline-975025-inspection-saloon-oo-4mm/

I'm waiting for the turquoise green version to be announced as a new addition.

• Like 1