RevolutioN Trains announce "Caroline" Inspection Car in OO gauge and EOI for one in N gauge

MGR Hooper!

22 hours ago, Ben A said:

Hi Chris,

Yes, indeed.  There is a photo of the wedding train on the Revolution news page article unveiling the proposed model back in Spring.

cheers

Ben A.

I have a photo of Charles and Diana alighting from it, taken by a BR official photographer. I'm not sure it was ever seen in print. That all seems such a very long time ago. It prompted me to order one of your models. Just been looking at odd-ball carriages - Bulleid's tavern cars (which I love, though I was too young to have ever seen one) and Budd's Silver Princess. Imagine what Rapido could do with that - based on their system for the HO Budd cars! (CJL)

Edited by dibber25
Predictive spelling mistake
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 3 months later...
  • RMweb Gold
18 minutes ago, XChris said:

Have I missed an update on this project, or has it gone a little quiet. I'm hoping things are still progressing/there was enough orders to make the OO one move forwards?

Chris

I was starting to wonder too, but checked their latest newsletter update and it's apparently in tooling at the moment.

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 2

3 hours ago, XChris said:

Have I missed an update on this project, or has it gone a little quiet. I'm hoping things are still progressing/there was enough orders to make the OO one move forwards?

Chris

Both are showing 'in tooling' on the projects page.

That's good evidence that they are being produced. 

Mike and Ben have explained many times, there are only updates when the status changes, or is about to change, as in early bird dates for example

es grüßt

pc 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

31 minutes ago, Padishar Creel said:

Both are showing 'in tooling' on the projects page.

That's good evidence that they are being produced. 

Mike and Ben have explained many times, there are only updates when the status changes, or is about to change, as in early bird dates for example

es grüßt

pc 

Apologies wasn't meant to cause any offence!

I know these things take time, and I'm happier to wait longer for better results. This would be my first purchase from revolution as I've missed there earlier results due to being out of the hobby (See the amount of post's on my profile), so wasn't sure how they operate (not subscribed to the newsletter, not sure on the website).

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, XChris said:

so wasn't sure how they operate (not subscribed to the newsletter, not sure on the website).

Hi XChris,

If you don't feel like receiving our email newsletter updates you can follow our projects on here, our Facebook page or on Twitter.  The latter two are linked to our website so whenever we publish a news item (which is whenever we have something useful to say!) you'll get a notification.

We should have news on Caroline in 00 in the next 4 weeks.

cheers

Ben A.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Round of applause 1

1 hour ago, Ben A said:

Hi XChris,

If you don't feel like receiving our email newsletter updates you can follow our projects on here, our Facebook page or on Twitter.  The latter two are linked to our website so whenever we publish a news item (which is whenever we have something useful to say!) you'll get a notification.

cheers

Ben A.

Hi Ben, 

I've dropped you a message regarding the newsletter, I'd actually quite like to receive it. As I have my eye on a few of your projects

Chris

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
18 hours ago, XChris said:

Hi Ben, 

I've dropped you a message regarding the newsletter, I'd actually quite like to receive it. As I have my eye on a few of your projects

Chris

You just need to sign up on the website - bottom on this page: Home - Revolution Trains

Roy

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hoping for some news shortly on this model. I haven't ordered just now, just incase there is something different announced in the update. I've joined the newsletter as well. I haven't bought from Revolution Trains before, but hopefully this one model will be the first of many. 

Stephen 

On 25/03/2021 at 18:27, Ben A said:

Hi XChris,

cheers

Ben A.

Hi Ben. 

Any news updates on Caroline?

Regards

Stephen 

• RMweb Gold
31 minutes ago, ayrmrg said:

Hi Ben. 

Any news updates on Caroline?

Regards

Stephen 

Have you looked at the Revolution Trains website projects page? It says there that it’s in tooling. If previous projects are anything to go by, that’s where the most up to date information will always be.

Edited by Western Aviator
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
20 hours ago, Western Aviator said:

Have you looked at the Revolution Trains website projects page? It says there that it’s in tooling. If previous projects are anything to go by, that’s where the most up to date information will always be.

To be fair, Caroline had moved to in tooling prior to Ben's comment here on the 25th March that there should be news on Caroline in the next four weeks...

Roy

• RMweb Gold
37 minutes ago, Roy Langridge said:

To be fair, Caroline had moved to in tooling prior to Ben's comment here on the 25th March that there should be news on Caroline in the next four weeks...

Roy

I didn’t think I was being unfair but yes, you’re quite right:

I’m sure you’re aware that “should” does not mean the same as “will”. Anyway, @Ben A only wrote that just over four weeks ago so with everything going on in the world perhaps giving them a bit more latitude is in order? Don’t forget that they are two people doing this in their spare time and in the grand scheme of things, this is very small beer. I have no doubt that when there is something to say they will say it. They always do. Some people (and this is directed at nobody in particular) need to get a sense of proportion. I have no connection with Revolution Trains, I’m merely a satisfied customer.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
2 minutes ago, Western Aviator said:

I didn’t think I was being unfair but yes, you’re quite right:

I’m sure you’re aware that “should” does not mean the same as “will”. Anyway, @Ben A only wrote that just over four weeks ago so with everything going on in the world perhaps giving them a bit more latitude is in order? Don’t forget that they are two people doing this in their spare time and in the grand scheme of things, this is very small beer. I have no doubt that when there is something to say they will say it. They always do. Some people (and this is directed at nobody in particular) need to get a sense of proportion. I have no connection with Revolution Trains, I’m merely a satisfied customer.

Wasn't complaining, just making the point that Ben had stated news was coming and I didn't see a problem with @ayrmrgpolite question as to whether there was news.

Nobody has had a lack of sense of proportion, given a lack of latitude , nor been drinking beer, small or otherwise...

Roy

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Ben and Mike have repeatedly said that whenever there is any news on a project, they update the projects page on their website. They’ve said it on all the various media with which they communicate with their customers. That should make those posts that ask for updates superfluous, but people still keep writing them. :scratchhead:
Whether they are polite or not, those questions still take time to answer; time that Ben and Mike would probably rather spend doing something else. It must be like hearing the “are we there yet?” questions that parents know so well.

Edited by Western Aviator
  • Like 1
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Western Aviator said:

Ben and Mike have repeatedly said that whenever there is any news on a project, they update the projects page on their website. They’ve said it on all the various media with which they communicate with their customers. That should make those posts that ask for updates superfluous, but people still keep writing them. :scratchhead:

If somebody says check here for project updates here:

you can follow our projects on here, our Facebook page or on Twitter

Is it not unreasonable to expect updates here?

Caroline hardly features on the Revolution website. There is a status on the main project page and a page to order, no individual project page with CAD etc. I didn't even realise that the project page had its own status page for a long time, moving the mouse over the title gave a drop down list without Caroline, and I thought that was all there was. Perhaps others have though to also?

Roy

• RMweb Gold

No, it’s not at all unreasonable to expect updates on here but as Ben and Mike are very good at providing them when there is something to say then asking for updates is, in my opinion, unnecessary. As for the Caroline project, I am no more computer-literate than the average person but I managed to find this:

https://www.revolutiontrains.com/product/caroline-975025-inspection-saloon-oo-4mm/

without any trouble. So saying the project “hardly features on the Revolution website” is simply not true. 

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

The factory have sent us a picture of a box of bits, but as Ben said we're due to have more news (ie no secret that the next piece of news will be the first EP sample) any time now which we will share when we have it (if we haven't published it in our News section of our website or social media or updated the Projects overview table then we haven't got anything new at this stage!).  

The first EP hasn't left the factory yet so even airfreight I wouldn't expect us to get it for a couple of weeks yet.

Cheers Mike

• Thanks 2
  • Round of applause 1

• RMweb Gold

One thing I have noticed in the Project updates is that the Estimate delivery to the UK was Spring 2021, but no longer has a date mentioned.

Now all projects get delays, and under the current global situation further unexpected delays are inevitable. I've paid for mine in full upfront and I'm not worried at the moment. I'm sure Ben or Mike will update us when there is anything concrete to tell us. Hopefully with a fully decorated pre-production sample first stage EP.

Edited by Geep7
Updated to correct that a fully decorated sample will not arrive first at this stage. My mistake.
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
37 minutes ago, Western Aviator said:

No, it’s not at all unreasonable to expect updates on here but as Ben and Mike are very good at providing them when there is something to say then asking for updates is, in my opinion, unnecessary. As for the Caroline project, I am no more computer-literate than the average person but I managed to find this:

https://www.revolutiontrains.com/product/caroline-975025-inspection-saloon-oo-4mm/

without any trouble. So saying the project “hardly features on the Revolution website” is simply not true. 

You just don't read what I write, and I have not complained about the lack of updates, I was simply pointing out that:

• It was said project updates would be here as well;
  • That I didn't find the revolution website intuitive.

You link to the order page which I noted. As I said, there is no project page for Caroline as there is for other projects: see Class 92 for example. I also got confused finding the overall status page as this is what I thought the project pages were limited to:

Projects.png.1f2bc06ef4d160b02354fb5b12a02677.png

Caroline does not feature under any of those headings. As I said, I did not realise that clicking on the "Projects" title took you do a different page for quite a while. I was therefore unaware it had entered tooling when that page was first updated for quite some time. Other may also be similarly confused.

I run a business and keeping you customers informed is part and parcel of that. I know it takes time, and I have spent 2 hours this morning on fairly pointless call. Would I have chased for an update now as the four weeks have only just passed? No. It is unreasonable for somebody to do so? Not particularly.

There I leave it.

20 minutes ago, red death said:

The factory have sent us a picture of a box of bits, but as Ben said we're due to have more news (ie no secret that the next piece of news will be the first EP sample) any time now which we will share when we have it (if we haven't published it in our News section of our website or social media or updated the Projects overview table then we haven't got anything new at this stage!).  

The first EP hasn't left the factory yet so even airfreight I wouldn't expect us to get it for a couple of weeks yet.

Thank Mike, appreciated. 

Roy

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Roy Langridge said:

Caroline does not feature under any of those headings. As I said, I did not realise that clicking on the "Projects" title took you do a different page for quite a while. I was therefore unaware it had entered tooling when that page was first updated for quite some time. Other may also be similarly confused.

I agree with you on that one.  Caroline doesn't have a separate "projects" page (ie one that gives a history of the prototype) and I think that's the reason why it doesn't appear on that drop down list, but for me the clicking on 'projects' to view the status of all projects (past and present) is not particularly intuitive.  I was unaware of it as the means of accessing the status of all projects until last year and even now that I do know that's what to do, I still find I have to think, 'how is it that I find the current status page?  - oh yes, I remember, I click on projects'.

Anyway, it looks as though an update is still a couple of weeks away and I'll just patiently await a batch of photographs when they appear.  At the end of the day, seeing a few photographs of the Engineering Prototype (EP) isn't going to get it on my layout any quicker: the slow part is actually building the layout - not waiting for Revolution.

Edited by Dungrange
  • Like 3

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Geep7 said:

One thing I have noticed in the Project updates is that the Estimate delivery to the UK was Spring 2021, but no longer has a date mentioned.

...I'm sure Ben or Mike will update us when there is anything concrete to tell us. Hopefully with a fully decorated pre-production sample.

Hello all,

We deleted the estimated delivery date as it was, err, out of date.   So yes, the projects page is the best way to see the latest news.

For clarity, and to manage expectations, EP1 samples are undecorated.  They are to check fit of parts, running, and to highlight any assembly issues or other areas that we may need to improve.  Once EP samples are approved we move to the next stage of receiving decorated samples.

cheers

Ben A.

• Thanks 3
  • Informative/Useful 3