RevolutioN Trains announce "Caroline" Inspection Car in OO gauge and EOI for one in N gauge

MGR Hooper!

Will there be another run of 00 Carolines in green? They are going for stupid money on ebay. (Have done lots of track inspections in the real thing hence the interest)

But which green? She’s been in a number of shades! You have ‘BR Southern’ green which was originally painted on a non-refurbished saloon by Fragonset in July 2003. The saloon was not named ‘Caroline’ until February 2005…so would you print nameplates or not? I would utterly love to have this model with a Fragonset 31/33! 

We all know of the stories surrounding the resultant Virvidan green on the re-built saloon in spring 2008, yet even this changes! In 2012 GSM-R equipment was fiitted (antenna on the roof and new cab equipment), the step lamp was changed and new safety decals were applied.

Deep Brunswick Green followed in January 2015, which is basically what the ‘003’ model is based on…or is it? The roof was not actually repainted until the winter of 2017…running with a much brighter grey for two years. Should this be modelled?

Now with her ‘cool grey’ roof, we should now have the model 003 representing the prototype…well if you remove the CET Tank and add the older toilet pipe. At least the model in the box represents the period from March 2021 to spring 2023!

If you want to model after then, Caroline has been painted back into ‘proper’ BR Southern Green. So should this be modelled? Certainly scope, she looks rather charming in her latest livery, even if the locomotive traction is rather garish these days! Yet how long before she’s fitted with ETCS equipment and would Revolution be willing to tool the differences to the cab? Seems to be a forever moving goal post.

I am game for 'Fragonset' era and bang up to date, but would be rather annoyed if 003 was re-run as Revolution always said its a pre-order/truly unique opportunity with a price tag to reflect! 

• Round of applause 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/04/2024 at 19:50, ATME said:

Will there be another run of 00 Carolines in green? They are going for stupid money on ebay. (Have done lots of track inspections in the real thing hence the interest)

I'm hoping for a reissue but I'd be going blue and grey. I'm not paying £235 for one second hand. This is just price gouging by the seller.

One of the Revolution guys said at GETS that Trains4U had a few B/G ones left but they're long gone now. It's a case of holding out for a second run as clearly there are people who want one who don't have one. 

But for me it's not essential,  it's a 'nice to have' rather than a 'must get' so for me, if its re-run then great, I'll order one but as I said, I'm not paying 150% of RRP to get one.

Edited by The Evil Bus Driver
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1