RevolutioN Trains announce "Caroline" Inspection Car in OO gauge and EOI for one in N gauge

MGR Hooper!

13 hours ago, hmrspaul said:

The satellite view of York station presently on Google maps appears to show the roof of Caroline - apologies if it is not, but it is a common stabling point for her.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/York+Station/@53.9564482,-1.0962268,52m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m5!3m4!1s0x4879310665704cc5:0x3675e4bf56b5974!8m2!3d53.957981!4d-1.093191

Paul

It's 37424 (558) with Caroline on the 27th June 2018 :P 

Privacy + Google = Not a chance! 

(The 66 is 66431)

Edited by 159220
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 1

On 26/05/2020 at 21:53, TomScrut said:

Well I will almost certainly be biting, just depends a bit on a loco to pull it with. I was surprised at the £135/£149 price tag but thinking about it if it is as detailed and as featured as a high spec loco minus a powertrain then you could argue it's fair. Especially given its bespoke tooling.

And that £135 gets you a legitimate prototypical rake to pull too.

As far as the RTR 37s go, which ones pull it on a regular basis? I see 558 does, 419 has in the past but haven't seen a pic in current livery.

My dilemma is it's not really just £135 if I don't have a loco that pulls it!

I have 2 Colas ones (025 and 099) which I don't think will ever go near it, and 97301 and 37608 on pre order.

I am thinking of a 37/4 too, probably 419 or 425 so hoping some pics appear of either working with it in latest liveries.

A picture of 37025 in BR large logo with caroline.

https://twitter.com/Tomahawk_Photos/status/852071233688653825/photo/1

Edited by MrJack47790
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, MrJack47790 said:

A picture of 37025 in BR large logo with caroline.

https://twitter.com/Tomahawk_Photos/status/852071233688653825/photo/1

I had seen this and a brief bit of hope was quickly dashed as I found out that it wasn’t all that it seemed at first glance.  37025 was only paired with Caroline so they could haul a Network Rail coach 96606 back from Cardiff to Derby RTC. Caroline’s buckeye coming in useful. There was no use of ‘Caz’ in the observation/survey purpose. I would be interested though to know if 37025 and Caroline have worked together   on duties that Caroline would normally be used for. 

• RMweb Premium
27 minutes ago, 66738 said:

I had seen this and a brief bit of hope was quickly dashed as I found out that it wasn’t all that it seemed at first glance.  37025 was only paired with Caroline so they could haul a Network Rail coach 96606 back from Cardiff to Derby RTC. Caroline’s buckeye coming in useful. There was no use of ‘Caz’ in the observation/survey purpose. I would be interested though to know if 37025 and Caroline have worked together   on duties that Caroline would normally be used for. 

Flickr doesn't turn up anything other than confirming your observations. 

37025 Newport

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, Enterprisingwestern said:

Rule 1 applies?

Mike

Absolutely!

Heck - I even run my Caroline in the opal green with LL 37402.

Can't find pics of that combination anywhere!

Edit: Apart from this one..... (photo courtesy of AY/BRM)

Feature_14.jpg.5feca73f682a82366c046cda2ead7160.jpg

;)

Edited by newbryford
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, newbryford said:

I think there is a decent chance (regardless of me now having locos on order that pull it in real life) of 97301 giving it a whirl and probably EP 37608.

I like to have the rakes etc as near prototypical as I can be bothered but lark about with other stuff too.

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, newbryford said:

Absolutely!

Can't find pics of that combination anywhere!

Edit: Apart from this one..... (photo courtesy of AY/BRM)

Feature_14.jpg.5feca73f682a82366c046cda2ead7160.jpg

;)

I’ve got the Green one on order already, and am seriously tempted by the NSE version.

Would have to make sure I only run each one with it’s appropriate era stock, as I don’t think even invoking ‘rule 1’ could cover running them both together ! :lol:

cheers,

Phil.

Interested in this one, so I went to the RevolutioN website and noted that it will be available in 'BR Brunswick Green' which I take to mean Deep Bronze Green. Ok, but when I saw Caroline at Carnforth in 2017 (?) I really thought the carriage was painted in a Dark Olive Green with fill yellow ends.

Slightly off-topic, but the carriage was being pulled by a DRS 47. 

Cheers

10 minutes ago, PenrithBeacon said:

Interested in this one, so I went to the RevolutioN website and noted that it will be available in 'BR Brunswick Green' which I take to mean Deep Bronze Green. Ok, but when I saw Caroline at Carnforth in 2017 (?) I really thought the carriage was painted in a Dark Olive Green with fill yellow ends.

Cheers

I'm not sure it's the right term to describe the colour either. To me the current colour and the one being offered by Revolution looks like the colour that BR (S) multiple units were painted in. Not sure of the exact name of that to be honest. 

I always think of Brunswick or Deep Bronze green as the colour GWR/BR locomotives were painted in. 

• RMweb Premium
21 minutes ago, PenrithBeacon said:

Cheers

That is likely to be the Opal green (RAL 6026) that it carried before a repaint into SR EMU green.

24 minutes ago, newbryford said:

That is likely to be the Opal green (RAL 6026) that it carried before a repaint into SR EMU green.

I'd be happy to call the colour SR EMU Green, but it wasn't Deep Bronze Green. Don't know about Opal Green new to me.

Cheers

• RMweb Premium
1 minute ago, PenrithBeacon said:

I'd be happy to call the colour SR EMU Green, but it wasn't Deep Bronze Green. Don't know about Opal Green new to me.

Cheers

Opal green is the colour of my model a few posts up.

It was painted that colour from 2009-2015 IIRC

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, red death said:

The official term for the current green is Mid Brunswick Green. 

I was rather hoping it would be 'Purest'

green.jpg.2986439e803d82800318e57d08676b4d.jpg

Tom.  

• Like 1
  • Funny 6

16 hours ago, Simon Bendall said:

Two things rule that out, no ETS and its not a DRS loco. :lol:

I’m sorry. I didn’t realise DRS were the sole operator of Caroline. And my mistake regarding the ETS. I’ve seen loads of photos of non ETS locos and even DMU’s hauling and propelling inspection saloons. I didn’t realise Caroline required an ETS locomotive.
Blimey! Even the laughing emoji putting me firmly in my place for not knowing that information. We’re not all experts in all areas on here. I wouldn’t dream of laughing at someone else’s innocent/naive error. Give them the correct information yes, but never laugh at them. 

• Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Gold
10 hours ago, Enterprisingwestern said:

Nothing rules Rule 1 out Simon!!

Mike.

As Simon says ETS is needed if it is to be driven from the saloon. 

Its had a 47 on it a few times with an adaptor jumper 

1 hour ago, 66738 said:

I’m sorry. I didn’t realise DRS were the sole operator of Caroline. And my mistake regarding the ETS. I’ve seen loads of photos of non ETS locos and even DMU’s hauling and propelling inspection saloons. I didn’t realise Caroline required an ETS locomotive.
Blimey! Even the laughing emoji putting me firmly in my place for not knowing that information. We’re not all experts in all areas on here. I wouldn’t dream of laughing at someone else’s innocent/naive error. Give them the correct information yes, but never laugh at them. 

Fragonset 33103 was bolted to it for a period in the mid-2000s, this is how I wanted to model it so hoping the "turquoise green"* will be announced. I note pre-orders at the cheaper price are until the end of July, what happens if we get there and no turquoise, but it is later announced? Will it have a cheaper price for a time too?

gravesend

*It's not turquoise, but how should this permeation be best described?

• Agree 1