MGR Hooper!

4 hours ago, Steadfast said:

Liveries carried to date, in production order are

Nacco / MRL

Cemex

GBRf / Sibelco sand

VTG / MRL (HOA)

Touax (HOA)

Nacco / MRL and Cemex are nigh on identical, produced by Greenbrier over ten years ago.

GBRf Sibelco ones a mix of details of the earlier wagons and the later ones coded HOA, plus added roof and extra cutouts housing controls for the roof doors. At a glance, it's noticeable that the label clip has moved and there's a 6 side cutout behind the goods/ pass lever.

Touax and VTG HOA coded wagons have these modifications, along with cutouts behind the buffer beams for access to buffer locating bolts, different end profile to the upper side sheets. VTG are the only ones to have bogie mounted brake wheels. In short, each batch has slight variations! And yes, I was looking at a Touax one coupled to an early Nacco / MRL one at work the other day.

Jo

Cheers for the detailed information mate. I'm tempted to have a go at modifying a freightliner HIA into a Nacco/MRL IIA

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • RMweb Gold
14 minutes ago, Verulam Central said:

Its gone quiet on theses  wonder if there any update in 00 scale ? 

Hello Verulam Central,

For any project the latest information is here: http://www.revolutiontrains.com/projects/

Plus Revolution Trains is hosting a Facebook Live on Tuesday evening and will be answering questions posed in the comments.

cheers

Ben A.

• RMweb Gold
4 hours ago, beast66606 said:

For info :

A rake of grey, Tarmac, Ermewa logoed, HOAs was transferred to Freightliner yesterday - 66615 took 20 from Elstow to Tunstead as 6H92.

Thanks - very interesting. Does transferred mean they are on hire or are now owned by Freightliner?

cheers

Ben A.

• RMweb Gold
28 minutes ago, Ben A said:

Thanks - very interesting. Does transferred mean they are on hire or are now owned by Freightliner?

cheers

Ben A.

Hi Ben,

I believe hired.

They have been replaced by HRAs at Mountsorrel but - for East Anglian flows - traffic is down at the moment, only 2 trains to Trowse since Mid December 2020

cheers,

• Thanks 1

• 4 months later...
On 29/08/2020 at 21:00, GEARJAMMER said:

Just thought id add these pics ive taken over the past week, many different types of HOA wagons.

118653549_10159936341602619_1112333147404199675_n.jpg

Having just looked at my Dapol HIA, that Touax HOA is near identical. The only differences being the bogies and the inwards bodyside notching having support at either end instead of an additional two on the HIA. A quick once over with a dremel and needle file set, a respray and new transfers would make it fit in with a rake of these Revolution HOA's when they come around. Dapol doing another HIA production run has me debating whether to do this in advance of the release. 

I could add to the above table of destinations, Hamworthy was also served periodically up until 2018 by Mendip boxes. Though, I think I can justify a mix of hoppers and boxes.. 

Edited by Bearwood West Yard

• RMweb Premium
On 22/06/2021 at 17:45, Bearwood West Yard said:

Having just looked at my Dapol HIA, that Touax HOA is near identical. The only differences being the bogies and the inwards bodyside notching having support at either end instead of an additional two on the HIA. A quick once over with a dremel and needle file set, a respray and new transfers would make it fit in with a rake of these Revolution HOA's when they come around. Dapol doing another HIA production run has me debating whether to do this in advance of the release. 

O/T from the Revo HOAs....

There are more differences from the Touax hoppers to the FL HIAs.

A quick perusal (no doubt there are more)

There is a notch in the frame to clear the bogies of the Touax version.

There are "hammer plates" (the rectangular panels) on the side of the Touax wagon that aren't present on the FL HIAs

The upper/outer ends of the hopper are different. The Touax ones are more "boxy"

The handbrake wheel is smaller on the HIA and isn't cut into the body as the Touax one is.

But still worth a punt at converting though.

As a HIA note:

Later HIA builds only have two supports on the bodyside notch -

The two support versions are the majority of the fleet. From 369049-369122 - so will be worth doing to some HIAs. (I've done about 4 so far)

369083 is pictured.

HIA.jpg.76187326c8485f80349a82a29ccb119b.jpg

• Like 1

And to add to Mick @newbryford's list, the HIA are considerably shorter than the HOA/ IIA design.

The NACCO/ Mendip and DB/ Cemex IIAs, the Touax HOAs and later VTG/ MRL HOAs and the GBRf sand IIAs are all very similar, but there's lots of detail variations across them, so hopefully one day they may get picked by a manufacturer.

Jo

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 2

On 27/06/2021 at 19:13, Steadfast said:

And to add to Mick @newbryford's list, the HIA are considerably shorter than the HOA/ IIA design.

The NACCO/ Mendip and DB/ Cemex IIAs, the Touax HOAs and later VTG/ MRL HOAs and the GBRf sand IIAs are all very similar, but there's lots of detail variations across them, so hopefully one day they may get picked by a manufacturer.

Jo

HIA 14m over buffers according to Freightliner website

IIA 15.193m over buffers according to Greenbrier website

so at 1:76 scale difference of 15.7mm

• Informative/Useful 2

• RMweb Premium
On 29/08/2020 at 21:00, GEARJAMMER said:

Just thought id add these pics ive taken over the past week, many different types of HOA wagons.

118632432_10159936342652619_3443013331128800777_n.jpg

118653549_10159936341602619_1112333147404199675_n.jpg

118656576_10159936341737619_1585175045415835835_n.jpg

118670840_10159936341367619_2804608689998269882_n.jpg

It would be great to see these produced in the Touax livery - so different & distinctive and now a fairly regular sight in my neck of the woods

• 2 months later...
On 06/07/2021 at 22:08, Revolution Ben said:

Although coded HOA the Touax wagons are significantly different to the HOAs offered by Revolution.

They are also coded different UIC wise by the looks of it, Fabnpps vs Fanpps. Not sure why though as they are both over 45m3 so surely both should have the "b"?

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Gold

Hi there,

To save others having to look please note that all the EarlyBird and pre-order deadlines (that we have set) are on the Revolution website on the Projects page.

http://www.revolutiontrains.com/projects/

It is Saturday for the HOA.  Other deadlines that have been set are there too.

cheers

Ben A.

• Thanks 1