Jump to content
MGR Hooper!

RevolutioN Trains announce HOA in OO gauge

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

RevolutioN Trains announce HOA in OO gauge. Announced due to the number of requests.


 

Quote

 


In response to customer demand, Revolution Trains has decided to upscale its popular HOA hoppers from N to OO.

 

6A14B39B-34F0-4E1C-B719-578ECB222495-102

Revolution HOAs – about to get blown up!
 

The CAD for the OO HOA is almost done while shrinking the 4mm box wagon down to N is not quite completed yet.
C5499622-DBB0-4EE9-A7C5-A618E9E331B9.jpe

Preliminary CAD for OO HOA.
 

 

 

 

Edited by MGR Hooper!
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A good announcement IMO.

 

I like these, my dilemma is that I only have one loco suitable for them at the moment, a DB 60 which I don't run very often as my particular specimen has some annoying behaviours. Everything else I have is GBRF or FL!

 

So my dilemma would be (if I choose to get some, might get the Ecofrets instead) to go for DB/Tarmac with the idea of running with my 60 or a DB 66 I don't have yet, or get the Mendip ones and hope Dapol does a suitable 59, which I'd prefer I think.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Was it mentioned when the order books will open?

 

@TomScrut you can use your FL66 on them since they have the mendip contract :-)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, TomScrut said:

 

Aaah right has that changed since the Revolution N gauge info came out as it doesn't mention that?

 

https://www.revolutiontrains.com/hoa-aggregates-hopper-wagon/

aye, FL took over the contract in November 2019. FL also own ass 59s except 59003.

 

I have some MRL JNA's by Revolution and currently buidling four JNAs by S-kits. I also have five JYA's from S kits that I have built. plus eight Dapol FY JHA's on order, the HOAs will suplement them well

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, daz9284 said:

aye, FL took over the contract in November 2019. FL also own ass 59s except 59003.

 

I have some MRL JNA's by Revolution and currently buidling four JNAs by S-kits. I also have five JYA's from S kits that I have built. plus eight Dapol FY JHA's on order, the HOAs will suplement them well

 

That's good to know, as I think I prefer the Mendip livery anyway. Either that or the tarmac but I already have a Tarmac JNA so Mendip would mix it up at bit too!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

same, i really like the MRL livery. Just bought a lim 59 in MRL livery.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Something that may be of interest to others, I've knocked together a small table giving some sample formations of Mendip workings that mix boxes and hoppers. By no means is this conclusive, but it gives a taste of how you can mix boxes and hoppers. It also shows that we really need some other wagon types to run mixed with the Revolution HOA and JNAs :D I've included the portion sizes, as it shows that you don't need a massive 40 wagon train to be prototypical, once the train gets to London it splits in to 2 or 3 bits, the smallest portion being 10 wagons. Equally, the Fareham, Botley and Woking are all smaller trains.

MendipJumboFormations.jpg.36b7c0bb9bbf3a23ad74189c56aa477b.jpg

Jo

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Very happy to see these unscaled to OO although my wallet is now weeping....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, TomScrut said:

 

Aaah right has that changed since the Revolution N gauge info came out as it doesn't mention that?

 

https://www.revolutiontrains.com/hoa-aggregates-hopper-wagon/

 

Hi there,

 

Yes, modern freight contracts and operations are switching all the time.  I find a flickr search is often a good way of seeing what’s running with what.

 

cheers

 

Ben A.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Ben A said:

 

Hi there,

 

Yes, modern freight contracts and operations are switching all the time.  I find a flickr search is often a good way of seeing what’s running with what.

 

cheers

 

Ben A.

 

I tend to do that, but FL 66 pics are uncommon as it's almost always 59s or DB. But I did find some!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So we have wagons to suit the Cemex 66 Hattons are releasing,will look good,

the mendip ones will be good as anything goes in the rakes on the stone now,most are a jumble.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, ERIC ALLTORQUE said:

So we have wagons to suit the Cemex 66 Hattons are releasing,will look good,

the mendip ones will be good as anything goes in the rakes on the stone now,most are a jumble.

 

Suit in colour scheme but not in prototype train terms unfortunately. I have Cemex express in order and I was disappointed to learn they don't run with it.

 

The Cemex branded wagons GBRF pull are HYAs which to me look of a very similar construction but the ends are more upright like a HTA.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The HYAs on aggregates that look similar are often cut down coal wagons (former HYA or IIA).

 

The Cemex liveried 66 is owned by GBRf (rather than Cemex) so will pull whatever GBRf need it to - there are quite a few pictures of it pulling our EALNOS wagons eg:

66780

 

Or even better DB EALNOS wagons! 

GBRF CEMEX 66780

 

 

Or for even the Greenergy TEA tanks that we did: 

66780

 

 

For the HOAs there is plenty of alternatives for traction as long as you like 59/60/66s! Some ideas here (though out of date with the changes to Mendip Rail): http://www.revolutiontrains.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/12/HOA-sample-consists.pdf

 

Cheers Mike

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, red death said:

our EALNOS wagons

 

39 minutes ago, red death said:

Greenergy TEA

 

I have a rake of Greenergy TEAs I use with one of my GBRF 66s. Also some Dapol MJAs with one of your JNA-Ts on the end.

 

39 minutes ago, red death said:

HYAs on aggregates

 

Yeah they are chopped down coal hoppers, but I don't think they have been reclassified other than been nicknamed "shorty" HYAs I don't think? A contrast to the chopped down HTAs which are called HRAs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, Steadfast said:

Something that may be of interest to others, I've knocked together a small table giving some sample formations of Mendip workings that mix boxes and hoppers. By no means is this conclusive, but it gives a taste of how you can mix boxes and hoppers. It also shows that we really need some other wagon types to run mixed with the Revolution HOA and JNAs :D I've included the portion sizes, as it shows that you don't need a massive 40 wagon train to be prototypical, once the train gets to London it splits in to 2 or 3 bits, the smallest portion being 10 wagons. Equally, the Fareham, Botley and Woking are all smaller trains.

MendipJumboFormations.jpg.36b7c0bb9bbf3a23ad74189c56aa477b.jpg

Jo

 

Thanks for doing that table Jo, very useful!

 

I can't say I've seen either the Woking and Fareham trains have anything other than box wagons, as I believe they're unloaded by mechanical grab.

 

The Botley and Eastleigh workings seem to have had the HOA's on though. The trains always seem to be mainly O&K JHA's, with both HOA & IIA mixed in in recent years.

 

(Not mine)

[7O40] 59205

 

59205 - Mottisfont & Dunbridge

 

 

Searching for the headcodes (7O40 for Eastleigh & 7O44 for Botley) on Flickr yield results that show mixed trains.

 

Andy.

Edited by SWT442
Add extra info
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, SWT442 said:

 

I can't say I've seen either the Woking and Fareham trains have anything other than box wagons, as I believe they're unloaded by mechanical grab.

Yep that's correct, boxes to both.

Another headcode for Eastleigh is 7O43. O43 and O44 alternate as required (both 21.12 off Westbury, 7V98 and V97 return respectively ), 7O40 and 7V33 return empties is an additional afternoon run, usually runs Fridays 

 

Jo

  • Informative/Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Another top announcement and a great selection of different liveries...now which bank can I rob?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.