Markits - very bad experience

3 hours ago, hayfield said:

With Markits its a little bit more difficult, Mark has basically taken over the Romford range and both developed and updated the range. He now has part time engineering assistance, but with the declining health of Mr Romford he has had to replicate many of the jigs and masters for work that was still outsourced to Mr Romford.

Is there a "Mr Romford"?

I understood this was the business:

https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/company/00409621/officers

https://goo.gl/maps/bbX4xqUrfDCApwjz7

(Elsewhere I found information that credited them with making model railway wheels)

No Mr Romford ever involved with this company.

Known to the traders I speak with as Mr Romford. and I expect understandable by most and irrelevant other than to those who actually know the person .  Does it matter about the gents real name ? 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
17 minutes ago, hayfield said:

Known to the traders I speak with as Mr Romford. and I expect understandable by most and irrelevant other than to those who actually know the person .  Does it matter about the gents real name ? 

Yes, I'd always heard Mark describe him as 'Mr Romford' but wasn't sure that was his actual name, hence not using it in my earlier post!

Jon

• Like 1
51 minutes ago, Bucoops said:

Previously Based in Romford hence the company name?

The Romford Models I posted about is in Romford and has been going since 1946.

I assume it is the model railway parts company from other info around the 'net.

The director/secretary/50% owner of the Company, from the Companies House records is 88!

I wouldn't still be running a company at that age.:no:

It used to be classed as a "Small" company and is now a "Micro" entity

• Informative/Useful 1
1 hour ago, hayfield said:

As the name wasn't in quotes or suchlike, I assumed it was the actual person.

• Groan 1