3SMR "Swanage" box kit

Robert Shrives

• RMweb Gold

Well got a camera so sorry you are going to see my efforts now and again !  3SMR kit which is a slow seller but worth a punt, more scratch aid and no instructions to make a mess of reading.  Etch is very good as it is but not really buildable as a box which was perhaps intended , but once four walls are cut away it falls into place, for its age perhaps 25 years it does make up well but roof might be a tad small - one row more slates all round would help.  Windows are a tad tight to size, but plasticard cills will hid that . 

Robert    

camera_dump_28052020_3mm_signalbox_019.jpg

camera_dump_28052020_3mm_signalbox_020.jpg

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold
18 hours ago, NCB said:

Looks very promising. It might help 3SMR if they put a few pics of it on their web site.

Nigel

Yes - I have sent the good gents some other pics as well and they said "thanks. "  When I emailed about the little detail matters on the etch  it was noted in the reply they sell one every four years on average - ability of it all being on a pc I guess, so any redraw was not going to happen !  It would explain the tranish and stains on the kit - been on the shelf a long time hopefully this Cinderella will shine in the end.  

Robert 

camera_dump_28052020_3mm_signalbox_022.jpg

camera_dump_28052020_3mm_signalbox_023.jpg

• Like 1