Quarry transshipment point (009)

I’ve had a go at painting the inside of the shed; unfortunately I couldn’t get much paint on the inside of the front wall although it won’t really be seen. The outside is sufficiently well-painted to prevent any light from shining through. Now just the gutters left to do. Doors are also going well - I’ll get some photos when they’re done.

5225687A-CE30-49B5-95C5-F8E898F1019C.jpeg.cca9f3b605c08cc6411c70a6eba3f620.jpeg

F6892FA5-8AD7-44F0-9A2E-650B95CABBFB.jpeg.3cd46bba232eb3e3050b41771c672d8b.jpeg

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold
9 minutes ago, 009 micro modeller said:

Thanks. When I said ‘sufficiently well-painted’ I meant that it was thick enough for the light not to show through the plastic (not the quality), but I’m glad you think it’s good.

It seems to have done the trick but I like the shed as the weathering looks nice.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Apologies for the glacial speed of this project. I’ve got a few other (non-modelling) things to sort out as well and I’m also delaying things slightly until I’ve worked out the best way to wire up the point, although I’ve now sorted that out theoretically so should be having a go soon. Once the narrow gauge track is laid I should be able to get on with things a bit more. Anyway, the shed is now finished and has had a coat of matt varnish (I promise it looks slightly better in reality, the photo lighting is a bit awkward). This is good because the shed has an integral floor, meaning that it also has to be installed before laying any track. 

The doors have only been varnished on one side so far but they will be attached later, once more of the scenery is done. I shall have to have a think about how to robustly fix Peco track down onto the shed’s painted plasticard floor.

F761286C-9723-4F74-A33A-0A3C51A1254A.jpeg.f8d53da5bcfd434ad79637dd774fa342.jpeg

• Like 3