GBRF depot at March

Good morning all. 

Does anybody have access to, or recommendations for sources of images of the GBRF shed at March, between the station and Whitemoor yard? Any time period between the GBRF takeover and today would be useful!

So far I’ve been limited to one shot from Wikipedia and a bit of capturing from Google maps. 

Any help very gratefully appreciated. 

• RMweb Gold
38 minutes ago, RPNaylor0301 said:

Good morning all. 

Does anybody have access to, or recommendations for sources of images of the GBRF shed at March, between the station and Whitemoor yard? Any time period between the GBRF takeover and today would be useful!

So far I’ve been limited to one shot from Wikipedia and a bit of capturing from Google maps. 

Any help very gratefully appreciated. 

Don't think there is one, about 18 months since I was in there and certainly no shed then.

• RMweb Premium

Hi,

I haven't been there in a couple of years, though I should have been at the beginning of this month.  Are you thinking about the former goods shed at the Ely end of the station?  If you are, I'll see if I can grab some screen shots from bits of video.

Regards,

Alex.

• RMweb Gold
8 minutes ago, Chris56057 said:

Yes there is a shed at March, used by GBRF and Electromotive to my understanding.

It's the one in the background of this shot - 

https://www.flickr.com/photos/47384914@N04/43597391350

Maybe this thread might help too - https://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/121688-gbrfs-march-east-depot/

This is in March down yard not whitemooor 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

45 minutes ago, Chris56057 said:

Yes there is a shed at March, used by GBRF and Electromotive to my understanding.

It's the one in the background of this shot - 

https://www.flickr.com/photos/47384914@N04/43597391350

Maybe this thread might help too - https://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/121688-gbrfs-march-east-depot/

That second shot is really quite useful actually! As you’d probably have guessed, I’m toying with trying to replicate it and I thought it’d be good to try to do something with the crossing as a scenic break as opposed to the traditional over bridge (although I could still pose a bus on it!)

47 minutes ago, Alex TM said:

Hi,

I haven't been there in a couple of years, though I should have been at the beginning of this month.  Are you thinking about the former goods shed at the Ely end of the station?  If you are, I'll see if I can grab some screen shots from bits of video.

Regards,

Alex.

That’d be handy if it’s not too much trouble! 

• RMweb Premium

Hi again,

The videos are all in AVI format, and archived to USB sticks so are fairly easy to access; they were all taken from trains, some while stationary.  I should be able to look over the weekend.

Keep your fingers crossed.

Regards,

Alex.

The photos below show the former goods shed in the period between Balfour Beatty leaving and GBRf commencing use of the building.  If you are planning on modelling the depot I do have a few photos giving more detailed views of parts of the building along with the track layout if they would be of any help.

313529085_2007_09.18008MarchGBRfDepot-Southsideofbuilding.jpg.539f0461ca6f7844a04b612637bc9a7f.jpg

South side viewed from within the adjacent Network Rail Maintenance Depot - 18/09/2007.

736729983_2007_09.18013MarchGBRfDepot-Eastendofshedandfueltank.jpg.57fde51910a0a662070c60ce99f3999b.jpg

East end showing rail entrance moved to centre of building and fuel storage tank - 18/09/2007.

563087821_2007_09.18022MarchGBRfDepot-BackRoadandnorthsideofshed.jpg.b0253063d804a34e3d8e33b284bdc03e.jpg

North side of building adjacent to Back Road, looking west towards station - 18/09/2007.

1926391201_2007_10.24001MarchGBRfDepot-ViewofNRILrenewing10Apoints.jpg.561fc29fd525005a17e8868168224afd.jpg

West end of building with Network Rail staff undertaking renewals on No.10A Points - 24/10/2007.

• Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium

Hi again,

I finally found the avi files; it didn't help that the filenames were in their original form (i.e. a number made up of the recording date, etc).  Unfortunately the shots where you can see the shed are partial and really poor, and not of a quality that would be worth posting; sorry about that.  The images posted by SED Freightman are far better than mine.

Wishing you good luck with this.

Regards,

Alex.