I’ve just brought a Rio bus which is complete and in excellent condition except for the little brass (plastic) horn on the drivers side which is missing on my model. I’m wondering if anyone has a left over horn (or more) from a Rio bus conversation or spares as I’d be very interested if you have. On a different note do you know where I could find a O scale coachmen and horn for a horse drawn mail coach? 

0885C308-40B8-4986-AF4D-06A5EE03DCEC.jpeg

706E5507-3BB3-4CFB-9B7F-5F0BBEAA2206.jpeg

AF65F077-B238-4FB6-A30D-22188658E2C8.jpeg

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

By coincidence I have just bought exactly the same model this week - I thought it would look the part repainted into Great Western colours.

It's a very nice model and very reasonably priced.

RIO #20 - Fiat Omnibus BL18, 1:43 scale (7mm).

• Like 1

Rio says the type of bus is from 1915 but it looks a lot older. I would like to see your bus when it’s repainted, I hope to keep the livery the same but I’m going to add freelance crests and writing on the side of mine I may paint the roof white though. Do you know where I can get a spare horn for my bus? I’m hoping to make the bus part of my freelance O9 scale railway, it’s meant to be set in a fictional valley in between Cirencester and Tetbury called the Cowslip valley.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
On 29 May 2020 at 21:19, Jason Pape said:

Rio says the type of bus is from 1915 but it looks a lot older. I would like to see your bus when it’s repainted, I hope to keep the livery the same but I’m going to add freelance crests and writing on the side of mine I may paint the roof white though. Do you know where I can get a spare horn for my bus? I’m hoping to make the bus part of my freelance O9 scale railway, it’s meant to be set in a fictional valley in between Cirencester and Tetbury called the Cowslip valley.

Would something like this work?

https://www.cornwallmodelboats.co.uk/cgi-bin/sh000001.pl?WD=horn&PN=RB-Model-Fittings-Foghorn-11x4mm-RB026114.html#SID=770