The premise is, the Ramsgate Town to Margate Sands line remained open after 1926 and the Southern rebuilt the station in the 1930's. The line became less popular during the 50's and 60's with an hourly shuttle in the winter months going to half hourly in the summer with hourly London service. 

• Like 3

• 10 months later...

Not much has been happening as I have been playing with the big stuff of late, however, dug out this project yesterday for an experiment which seems to have gone well. 

just need to get some actual track down now..

I did notice there is still a lack of available track from Guagemaster (other sites are available) re Peco track, I can only assume that they are still not back to full production and as everyone is modeling these days there must be some humungus layouts coming soon...

anyhoo here's a couple of pics, who needs ply and angled aluminium when you can use foamboard and tape!

sr125.jpg

sr126.jpg

Wot no trams !!!

You could bring back the Thanet tram network.

Mind you, I do not think anyone has ever done a kit for a Thanet tram.

The little tram shed on the main road coming into Margate had been out of use for quite a long time and was demolished just a few years ago.

All the best

Ray

• Funny 1

cheers Ray,

come on mate, i'm in enough trouble with the household authorities as  it is! mind you I do have some of the Middleton Press tram books for the area...

Tony

Edited by thirty2a

in two (or 3) minds about what to do..

1; something like Sheerness with two outer platforms with 3 tracks between and loco release, although i think it has been removed now, which may be an option.

2; single track with maybe a short end stabling section section, so very minimal track and fill the space with scenery, maybe some new housing or the like..

3; total fill it with track and platforms, tempting but probably least prototypical or realistic really.

Tony

yesterday I dug out my Connex liveried Networker to test it, hooked up to the Hornby select and nowt, turns out that I had removed the chip at some point, anyhow found one in the tool box which I thought was fried, turns out it's fine.

wired it in (needs doing properly) and bingo it lives!

now in my memory somewhere I recall those Hornby Networkers being poor runners but on DCC seems fine, if anything I need to remember how to reset the CV's on them because its very sensitive. 

Tony

platform surface in but will need weathering and a tidy up, ballasting continues, decided to do a stretch at a time, let it dry then move down, one stretch left then add the 3rd rail pots ...

sr44.jpg

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...